Charms Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Charms

Charms Daily Check In

Post by Charms » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:23 pm

Ok, so today not yesterday will be my first official day on NOS. I was talking to my boyfriend last night and he agreed to do this with me. So we're both starting today. This is great to have someone to do this with especially since I see him practically everyday now it helps that we'll both be eating the same way.

pangelsue

Welcome

Post by pangelsue » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:18 pm

Welcome and best of luck to you both.

Charms

Post by Charms » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:03 pm

Okay so Day 1 wasn't so bad although there was a little "funny stuff". Its great though because each new day is a day to get it right. [/img]

pangelsue

Success

Post by pangelsue » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:08 pm

Congratulations and 2 S days are coming!

Charms

Post by Charms » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:10 pm

Thanx! I just keep telling myself its going to get better/easier.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:20 am

Hi Charms!
Glad to see that you will be getting support from your boyfriend!
That really helps!!!
My son helps me out, and does a 75% version of NoS...

Enjoy your weekend!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Charms

Post by Charms » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:32 pm

Day 2: Success
Day 3: S-day
Day 4: S-day

I over did it on my 1st S day. So much so that my stomach hurts and it doesn't look like I'll be able to really enjoy my second S-day. I got to take it easy. I have a sensitive stomach. S-days come every weekend so there's really no need to overdo it.

Charms

Post by Charms » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:05 am

Day 5: So far...Success. I'm still working out kinks so to speak. It really gets hard during the night times but I'm looking forward to the point when it becomes second nature and I really don't have to think about it at all.

pangelsue

Movin on

Post by pangelsue » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:31 am

You are still at successes. Good for you. It really will get easier, promise. There are still days that suck and I don't know why. The old cravings come back and I am hungry all day long but it passes and most days are far easier than I ever dreamed possible. Hang in there.