Battlefish's Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

battlefish

Battlefish's Daily Check In

Post by battlefish » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:51 pm

So I didn't find this till Day five of my NoS start. So I'll make this a post to represent all four of those days as they were all successes.

So for April 17 - April 20th Success!

pangelsue

Go Battlefish

Post by pangelsue » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:11 pm

Congratulations and welcome! A third of the way there to 21! You are over the worst part. Relax and enjoy the coming S days. Great feeling of relaxation and indulgence comes with them.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:21 am

Congrats on a good first week!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:29 am

Welcome to the check-in, battlefish, and congratulations on a solid start.

battlefish

Post by battlefish » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:38 pm

Friday April 21s was a SUCCESS making that the end of my first week of N days! Woo! I've been waiting for this S day all week!

Thanks everyone for the support! I'm here for the long hual and eager to join the 21 day club.

battlefish

Post by battlefish » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:45 pm

April 22 and 23 Success. These were my S' days and they have gone wonderfully. Though I realize that even after only one week I don't like too much sugar any longer. Gave me a horrible headach so I cut it back for the rest of the weekend and have learned that I no longer want or need that much sugar again. So despite that I had lots of sugar a lesson was learned so I consider the weekend a success. Back to N days and shovelglove tomorrow!

pangelsue

Congratulations

Post by pangelsue » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:02 pm

Week one done!! Great job. It gets easier from here on. I agree with the weekend assessment. I feel awful if I overdue but I still have been overdueing. Next week's assignment should I decide to accept it: make the weekends a little more sane.

Good luck next week.

battlefish

Post by battlefish » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:45 pm

Thank you pangelsue.

Ok so this is becoming more of an every once in a while update or a when I remember to update log.

Monday April 24th Success! though my shugging is kinda hard to motivate myself to do so far this week..meh but I have no excuses!!!

battlefish

Post by battlefish » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:35 pm

I'm going to start keeping track of which day I'm on as far as the 21day club thing goes. And keep track of my Shovelgloving as I need to be accountable for that as well.

Day 9 :April 25th Success!

Shovelgloved for my 14min to Barenaked Ladies on my CD player.

Breakfast: Three eggs and two pieces of toast with land o lakes heart healthy margarine.

Lunch: Small amount of Stirfry and a leftover egg roll with homemade sweet and sour sauce.

Dinner: 4.5 homemade eggrolls with a little homemade sweet and sour sauce so as not to have lots of sugar I'm sure the jelly I used has some but I only use it for dipping so I'm allowing it.

battlefish

Post by battlefish » Mon May 01, 2006 3:53 pm

Ok so here is an update to catch up to current times.

April 26-30 Successes which brings me up through day 14.

Shovelgloved all of the weekdays and rested my S-days.

battlefish

Post by battlefish » Thu May 18, 2006 5:12 pm

Ok so I fell. I'm back up again and this will be Day ! for my next go at No S from a two week period of being off of it. I also hadn't Shovelgloved during that period and I started that today as well.

May 18, 2006 Sucess for Shovelglove

May 18, 2006 SUCESS pending the rest of the day will edit and make it green if I do indeed suceed.