ironized yeast's not-quite-daily check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ironized yeast

ironized yeast's not-quite-daily check-in

Post by ironized yeast » Mon May 01, 2006 3:17 am

Hello all,

I've decided to give this no-s diet a shot after years of adding on the pounds and putting up little resistance.

I was introduced to no-s through a friend who lost a good bit of weight on the diet.

I'm a 29 year old male with about 100 pounds to lose. Maybe a little more. I'm excited to start losing it.

I can't see myself updating this daily, hence the "not-quite-daily" in the subject line. I'll probably end up making this a weekly check-in. We'll see how it goes.

Andy
Lights out, everybody.
It...is...later...than...you...think.

ironized yeast

week 1 update

Post by ironized yeast » Mon May 08, 2006 5:29 am

Well I've officially completed my first week on my modified No-S diet . I would have to consider this first week as a success. I dropped 4.5 pounds and that figure is as of tonight, meaning I'm down 4.5 pounds even after a two days of ice cream and cheesesteaks, so that's pretty good.

I've been walking a bit and I plan on increasing that incrementally as well as introducing some weight training over the course of the next weeks and months.

I hope everyone had a good week as well.

Seven days -- 4.5 pounds lost
Last edited by ironized yeast on Mon May 15, 2006 4:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lights out, everybody.

misplacedpeg

Post by misplacedpeg » Mon May 08, 2006 9:32 am

CONGRATS!!!

Thats awesome weight loss!!you must be doing something right!how much weight would you idealy like want to lose?

xxxxxxxxx!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon May 08, 2006 2:28 pm

Amazing and fantastic news!!!! :D

Good for you!!!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

ironized yeast

week 2 update

Post by ironized yeast » Mon May 15, 2006 4:00 am

Thanks Deb and misplacedpeg. It feels good to see the numbers on the scale going down..

Today was my second weigh-in since starting my modified no-s plan and I was happy to see that I had lost 5 more pounds this week. That's actually slightly more than I lost the first week which is nice to see.

So:

Fourteen days -- 9.5 pounds lost
Lights out, everybody.