Linda's daily check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lpearlmom

Linda's daily check-in

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:36 pm

This is for yesterday:

Day 1: Success!

I'm recommitting myself after going off NoS sometime ago. I was soooo hungry between lunch & dinner but know I will adjust to this in time. I drank a cappuccino to get me through and dinner never tasted so good.

I'm not a big sweets person so dessert wasn't really a temptation for me. I think I eat out of boredom & too release tension. Felt so good to go to bed without feeling stuffed & to wake up with a healthy appetite.

Of course today is Saturday so I can relax. Pretty smart of me to start on a Friday!

Exercise: Success- 14 mins
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

lpearlmom

Day 2

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:08 am

S day-- went great. It felt so good to wake up feeling light & energized that I didn't want to stuff myself.

I ate fairly light:

Break-- muffin
Lunch--Cobb salad (1/2order)
Snack--mocha, handful of chocolates & a couple chips
Dinner--no real dinner expect a couple bites of my daughters pizza

Wow that was light. Yay me!

lpearlmom

Day 3

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:22 am

S Day--definitely went a little overboard today. Cooked all day Cooked & ate and then ate a big dinner plus dessert.

I'm not worried about but am definitely glad tomorrow is Monday.

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:27 am

Hang in there. S days are definitely VERY scary!! But seems like if we just keep trying to get no S days right then these S days will become easier. I listened again to the podcast about S days after this weekend. I found it really helpful. Good luck
Tess

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Thank you Tess!

I m just hope to remember how much better I felt after Saturday which was very moderate compared to how uncomfortable I felt on Sunday. Quite a difference so hopefully that will motivate me in the right direction.

Thx!

Linda

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:01 am

sucess!

Great day! Had no urge to go eat more than 3 plates but my subconscious definitely almost got the better of me. I'm so habituated to grabbing a bite here & there as I prepare meals, clear plates or even just pass through the kitchen. I stopped myself each time & actually spat (gross) my food out a couple times. I can see how all that nibbling would add up throughout the day!

Break: bagel w cream cheese, nectarine , cappuccino
Lunch: brisket, watermelon 2 latkes
Dinner: Mac & cheese, chopped salad, watermelon 2 glasses of wine

Exercise: none but will be easier once kids on school (wens!)

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:06 am

Brilliant. You are really getting to grips with it all. I think the permanent nibbling that some of us do is not really noticeable until we do the noS diet. I have started to notice how many times I am just about to have a nibble of something in passing. It is so subconscious but must all add up. Well done for noticing and resisting - even spitting out! I think I may do that if needed as it is not the food it is taming the impulse and behaviour so symbolically important I guess!!!!
Keep going :)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:48 am

Success!

Break: breakfast burrito, nectarine, cappuccino
Lunch: BBQ chicken salad from red robin ( couldn't eat it all --so odd for me!)
Dinner: homemade Mac & cheese, chopped salad, 2 nectarines & 2 glasses of wine

Was REALLY hungry bet lunch & dinner but got through it w diet soda.

Can't believe how my constant obsessing has completely vanished. It's like food has finally been put back in it's rightful place. Amazing!

No exercise but am starting tomorrow now that kids will be back in school.

Thank you Tess for your response! Nice to not feel alone. Esp since nobody knows I'm on this diet. Not even my hubby!

Linda

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:48 am

Hey Linda.
Brilliant! Each day is a step closer to new habits! I am definitely on your side and cheering you on. I am not going to tell anyone else about noS diet either ( apart from my partner who is very supportive and really just wants me to be happy around food) . Over the years it feels like everyone knows I am always 'cutting down' or dieting. I think because i am a large woman they expect it and they re not surprised when I fail. I feel such a failure in their eyes all the time, for being fat and for always failing. But I also set myself up for this because I have wanted to show I am trying. But I now realise this is nothing like the accountability and support I receive here. It feels like a very different journey. So onwards and upwards. We can do this :)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:37 pm

Thanks SO much for the support Tess!

definitely take the stance that my weight is nobody's business but mine. I know I'll feel better if my eating gets normalized & I'm pretty sure my weight will normalize too but in the meantime I try really hard to accept myself & tell myself I'm beautiful at any weight.

So please don't let anyone put you down for our size. Being fat isn't the end of the world (although society makes us feel like it should be) and overeating is a bad habit but hardly a sin.

Keep doing what you're doing for YOU but keep your head high in the meantime.

Linda :))

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:11 am

Success!

I was absolutely ravenous today! Ate extra hearty at each meal but no slip ups! No drive to eat emotionally which is awesome.

Break: I egg, piece toast 1/2 banana, cappuccino
Lunch: turkey & avocado sandwich, yogurt, nuts, chips ( I was still a lil hungry after all that!) .... And another cappuccino.
Dinner: chicken sandwich, broccoli, yogurt 1glass of wine

Exercise: walking--1hr (yay!)

Craving fudge brownie sundae which is odd as I'm not that big on sweets but it can wait till sat!!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:17 am

Hooray!! One hour walking - way to go Linda :D
Saturday not far off now! Wonder if you will still crave fudge brownie sundae then?
Hang in there
Tessy

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:59 am

Success!!

Wow was I hungry today which I think is due to it almost being that time of the month. I ate quite a lot but I still felt in control. Usually this is pms time is very hard for me. Usually I'm eating nonstop all day & feeling completely out of control. It's downright scary.

It's amazing how different this feels having definite starting and stopping points.

Break: bowl of cereal, 1 banana, 1 piece bacon large %latte
Lunch: chicken pot pie, 1/2 avocado, corn chips, 1 yogurt (I wasn't at all stuffed afterward)
Dinner: chicken pot pie, broccoli, mac& cheese, glass of milk & glass of wine

A lot of heavy food but my body really seem to need it.

Exercise: bike 30 mins

Yay! Almost sat. Yes, I still want my brownie sundae!:)

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:24 am

Brownie Sundae sounds like a goooood idea!

:)
Finally found a lifestyle change, not a diet!
Starting weight 167 lbs
Goal is to lose 20lbs in time for my wedding!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:29 pm

Hooray, really well done. A great week. You can do this. Now enjoy your brownie sundae :) I have been obsessing for several days about a caramelised banana tart from the smitten kitchen cookbook!!! I must have it- oh dear!!! Have a fun weekend

Tessy :)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:58 am

Success!

Break: oatmeal w nuts & 1 piece of bacon. Large latte

Lunch: chicken salad sandwich & side of potato salad

Dinner: large mex plate of burrito, rice & beans and skinny margarita
(
Had to go to a karate thing for my daughter. They served pizza but I resisted cuz there's no way I was making just pizza my meal. Funny how picky you get when you only have 3 opportunities to eat/day.

Went out for mex afterwards but was late & was starving. Ate a lot but couldn't finish my plate. Was quite full but didn't feel stuffed & miserable--yay! I am starting to feel normal around food for the first time in my life!

So excited for tomorrow!! Now mostly thinking about a mocha latte. I've been drinking those almost daily for the last 20 yrs so giving that up has been hard!!

Thank you Tess for your encouragement. No fair that you get to start your S days b4 me!:) I love Smitten Kitchen! :)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:01 am

Oh yes & I rode my bike for 30 mins & swam for a bit. Yay!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:58 am

S day!

Grazed all day and made up for all those sugary drinks I missed during the week. :) Not a super satisfying way to eat but I'm not stuffed/sick either so it's okay.

Breakfast: bagel with cream cheese, venti mocha

Grazed till bedtime:
Smoothie (plus 1/2 my daughters); iced tea; snack sized hummus & pretzels; small mocha; small bag of chips; a couple slices of turkey; nectarine; glass of wine; bowl of ice cream with hot fudge

Definitely weird eating day!

I looked so forward to today but realize its much more satisfying to eat the more structured way. I think what I miss most is my mochas but I will probably allow them on my maintenance plan.

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:54 am

Hi Linda
My Saturday just the same. Ok. But realised I like the structured eating. I think we are learning a lot about ourselves on s days. Weird but wonderful that we can see changes happening!
Hang in there
Tessy

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:52 am

Thank you Tessy! I agree, I'm learning that's its fun to relax the rules a bit but I definitely don't enjoy feeling sick.

Break: cinnamon roll, couple bites of scrambled eggs, mocha
Lunch: Asian chicken salad, 1/2 nectarine, couple bites of soup
Snack: another mocha
Dinner: a good amount of sushi & a beer
Snack: a peach

I have brownies in the oven but not sure i want any. Shall see!

Overall I feel fine about my weekend. Food just doesn't taste as good though when your appetite is more subdued. Still I need the relaxation of the weekend to keep me going strong on N days.

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:32 pm

Mmmmm brownies yum. Hope you got by without them - but popped one or two in the freezer
So glad your weekend was good. You are so right. We need the weekends. I just need to learn how to enjoy them. Have a good week
Tessy

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:21 am

Had a small one with ice cream & fudge just so I didn't regret not having one during the week.

Success!

Food was just food today. Didn't have any magical hold over me & I didn't think about it much till it was close to mealtime. I imagine this is how naturally thin ppl feel all the time.

Ahh must be nice! Oh wait maybe I'm slowly turning into one of those ppl. At least mentally. Definitely not physically yet but maybe that will follow the mental in time.

Anyway...
Break: bowl of cornflakes, banana, piece of toast, cappuccino
Lunch: Thai chicken salad, piece of bread, 1 spring roll, glass of kefir
Post-lunch: iced coffee w lil cream
Dinner: eggplant Parmesan, mashed potatoes, asparagus & glass of kefir

Exercise: none :/

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:43 pm

'Food was just food today' what a wonderful thing that would be if we had that everyday!!! I probably long for that even more than losing weight! Well that might not strictly be true but it would be brilliant :D

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:40 am

Success but really missing my daily mochas. Ugh! May rethink the no mocha thing after 21 days.

Break: oatmeal w fruit & nuts, cappuccino
Lunch: chicken salad, yogurt, cappuccino
Dinner: eggplant parm, salmon, garlic toast, mashed potatoes, glass wine

Really loaded up on dinner. Was full but not stuffed afterward though.
So weird to see how normally I'm eating. Never had this b4. Always chaos or starvation.
Exercise: yoga 14 mins

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:02 am

Success!

Good day.

Break: poached egg, toast, nectarine, cappuccino
Lunch: tuna sandwich, chips, yogurt
Dinner: 1.5 sausages, baked beans, garlic bread, 2 glasses wine

Exercise: 14 mins home routine

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi Linda. - you are really cracking this, and exercise too! We are creeping closer to 21 days, are you still getting very hungry between lunch and dinner? Or is that starting to settle?
Keep going
Tessy

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi Tessy!

Things are going pretty well.

I think I realized that there's really no point to in going off this plan. What else am I going to do? I I do some extreme dieting, ill be miserable and probably ended up heavier than when I started. If I try just doing a non diet plan, ill be back to my chaotic, obsessive self that's always stuffed and never satisfied.

This is hard sometimes and no guarantee of a huge weightloss but really of all my options this is the best. I have peace of mind, enjoy food and no longer feel out of control. I would love to lose weight (I have a lot to lose!) but honestly that would just be the icing on the cake so to speak.

Hopefully my resolve will last but or now I'm feeling good! It only took me 35 yrs to figure things out. :-)

My hunger is definitely calming down but I'm being careful to eat enough at my meals. Coffee, & diet coke have been helping too!

I hope today was better for you!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:13 am

Success!!

Break: oatmeal w fruit & nuts; yogurt; cappuccino
Lunch: 2 chicken sausages; 1 piece toast; baked beans; chips; peach; iced coffee

Dinner: huge cheesesteak sandwich; marinated mushrooms; 1/2 glass wine

Exercise: 14 mins home

My meals seem huge to me but I'm not stuffed afterwards & hungry w/in a few hrs. It makes me wonder just how much I was eating b4.

Really excited for Saturday. Need my mochas!!!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:28 pm

Hooray!!! Mocha heaven awaits. Have fun, be relaxed, enjoy your food. We can do this :-)
Tessy

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:37 am

Thank you Tessy. Yessss so excited for my mochas. May get up early for one in fact. :)

Success!

Break: 2 mini croissants
Lunch: chicken salad sandwich (it came with a chic chip cookie. Oh the agony, but I wrapped it up & saved it for my daughter. )
Dinner: bacon cheeseburger, chili fries, 4 pieces of sushi ( strange combo but there was sushi in the frig that I didn't have a chance to eat for lunch).

Dinner was large but I realize in the past I would have eaten all that plus everyone's leftovers as I was cleaning up. I would have gone to bed sick & miserable. Tonight I feel satisfied and good.

This plan makes me feel safe. I know my meals are going to be regular & I can finally relax & think about other things than food.

Yay for tomorrow!!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:00 am

Today went pretty well.

Break: 2 choc Chip pancakes, mocha
Lunch: chicken salad sandwich, mocha
Snack: smoothie (was planning on having a choc peanut butter one but ended up just wanting a fruit one)
Dinner: went out for Chinese food ( ate a lot but not too bad)
Dessert: 1 large cookie; glass of milk

Was nice taking a break from being so diligent but I realize sweets just really don't do much for me anymore--other than my mochas of course.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:44 pm

I'm so jazzed when I hear that someone else wants peace with food more than weight loss. All along the way, even during some shaky times, I knew that nothing else was going to help me be more successful with that, and I could take some comfort in knowing I was doing the best I could. In a world of weight loss ads that make getting to size 2 the dream, that is a blessing.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi Linda. Great Sunday. Well done. How brilliant that sweets are drifting out of the picture. Would have been hard to imagine that when you started. Glad you enjoyed your mochas. Onwards to the next week. We are cracking it :)
Tessy.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:31 am

Oolala having peace with food is definitely more important to me than losing weight. The whole thin = happiness thing is a social construct & I definitely believe beauty comes in all sizes. It took me a lot of work...research & soul searching to get to that point of course.

I figured out that it was ok to be fat years ago yet I was still miserable with my eating & that's hard on the self-esteem for sure. The NoS plan really seems to be the solution. I don't need deprivation but I do need structure. I'd be lying though if I said I didn't want to lose weight. I still have those body hating moments when I go clothes shopping or have to meet up with old friends but I'd be comfortable at a size 10 or 12. I like having some curves for sure!

Glad to hear someone else feels the same way. After decades of chaotic, tortured eating, this most definitely is a blessing!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:41 am

Hi Tessy!

That was actually my Saturday, but thank you for the support!

Today was less enjoyable than Sat. I pretty much felt like I was snacking all day. Ugh--crazy that I used to eat like this all the time. Oh well at least I never got to the point of being overly stuffed but I really enjoy having set meals.

I guess that's the point of S days. You think you want to eat non-stop all day but when you finally get them and have the stark contrast of N days to compare them to, you realize it's not what you want at all. I guess eventually you get to a S day & your brain says " hey remember stuffing your face for 24 hrs isn't so great after all. How but just a special treat between meals today instead?"

Happy tomorrow is a Monday!!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:53 am

Ooh that snacking gets so frustrating. You will have a great week I know it. You are doing so well. And also finding peace with food is such a powerful journey. I am now realising that this is a totally different way of life for me and like you I am striving for something very if different to dieting. Good luck on your journey. How wonderful to find a new and exciting path. Wishing you a strong and settled green week.
Tessy

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:14 am

Okay technically Success but really piled up my plates today & felt stuffed after dinner. I think I was just worrying that I might regret not having more on my plate so I piled it up just in case. Then I ended up eating it all cuz it's there.

First time Ive felt shaky since ive started. Oh well I'll be careful not to overdo it tomorrow.

Breakfast: cereal w fruit, cappuccino
Lunch: veggie burger, peach, yogurt w nuts, potato salad
Dinner: 2 hamburgers, potato salad, glass of kefir
Exercise: 14 mins walking, squats

Jonas Jonasson

Post by Jonas Jonasson » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:06 am

Hi there, Linda.

Thanks for stopping by my thread.

A technical success is a success, don't worry too much about it. I can very much relate to your piling up your plate just in case etc. When I did (well:do) this and feel disappointed about myself I tell myself to relax and think about all those wise little sentences like "The perfect is the enemy of the good." It is okay, you are definetly on the right path, Linda. Way to go!
Just my two cents.
Disclaimer (still applicable):
If a person is fairly new to English their English words and expressions are influenced by their mother tongue, so things that might sound impolite to you are not always meant in that way.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:31 pm

Lpearl, there will be shaky times, if you're normal. And for possibly longer than you think. Just keep going and let the gaps between meals do their work. Dwell on the good experiences!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Thank you both so much for the encouragement. I'm sure today will be better. I think after eating all day Sunday, I was worried I'd be starving between meals. I have to remember I can get enough without feeling stuffed.

Just glad I didn't ruin my green streak!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:08 pm

Hang in here Linda. I hope you have a good day today. It is funny how hard it has sometimes becomes. But I know you will make it to 21 days and beyond. I think Mondays are going to be a challenge for a while as they come after a weekend and require moderation after relaxation. Tricky. But you can do this.
Tessy

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:20 am

Thank you Tessy. I agree with you about Mondays. Today was much better.

Success.

Break: oatmeal w fruit, cappuccino
Lunch: turkey & avocado sandwich, chips, potato salad & yogurt
Dinner: fish tacos w rice & beans

So much better today. Portions felt much more reasonable. Didn't feel overly stuffed today.

Exercise: walked the dogs

Hippy Dippy

Yay, Linda!

Post by Hippy Dippy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:44 pm

Hello!

You walked the dogs! Way to go! I miss walking my puppy, Tanner, but now I walk and envision him with me from time to time.

Like I've said to Miss Tessy, I've had RED days during my first 21. And I've had another one in there on my 2nd 21 days, but it is getting easier and easier. We are doing way better than where we were a month ago, two months ago, and certainly way better than last year. :D

We have been brainwashed for so long that any deviation is bad, bad, bad! And on No S, it is a guideline, and a gentle process to get us to feeling good, good, good! :D

So, Good Job, Linda!
I am so proud of you and all the folks on here sharing the same destination!!

Hippy Dippy
Moderation in all things...including moderation
Start: 205.4. Current 202.2 (-3.2 lbs)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:09 pm

I agree Hippy Dippy! Progress not perfection. This is for life as far as I'm concerned so no hurry.

I love my dogs and they make walking a little more fun. So funny, I used to have dogs named Tanner & Connor (brothers).

Thank you for the support. It helps so much knowing I'm not going at this alone!

Linda :)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:52 am

Success!

Break: yogurt w fruit & nuts
Lunch: orange chicken, 1/2 hamburger patty, peach, potato salad
Dinner: chicken, bread, broccoli, peach
Beverages: 1 cappuccino, 1 glass of wine, 1 glass kefir

Today was great, but almost broke down & had a mocha. Tomorrow is my 21st day and after that I think I may allow 1 nonfat no whip mocha a day. Otherwise I don't think I can stick to this.

One thing I did notice is that we ate in the dining room instead of around the kitchen island & w everyone watching me load up my plate, I put a lot less than I normally do. Just felt the pressure to have a " normal" looking plate.

Well onward to day 21 --finally!!!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:46 am

Hooray :)
You are doing so well. 21 days will be a really strong milestone in your life changing journey. I think you should have your mocha. As mocha lite in the week then mocha lush at the weekends. No good feeling deprived and as though something is always missing. You are a mocha gal :D accept it!!
Exercise as well. Awesome

Tessy

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:45 am

Success!

Yay! I made it to day 21!

Really strange but today was the first day that felt really easy, natural...well like a habit. Not sure if it was pyschological or because I was extra busy today but was kind of funny that it happened on the 21st day as if some magic switch had be thrown or something. Anyway was nice.

Break: oatmeal, breakfast burrito, banana & cappuccino
Lunch: veggie burger, chips & dip
Dinner: crab cakes, corn & mashed potatoes, glass of wine.

Exercise walked the dog

Yes Tessy now that I'm through the first 21 days, I think I'm going to allow one nonfat mocha a day. It doesn't trigger a desire to eat sweets or anything so I think it'll be ok. I'm going to limit my wine to one glass instead of two on my mocha days. :)

jw

Post by jw » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:01 pm

21 days is a great milestone, Lpearlmom -- and tomorrow is an S day when you can properly celebrate it! Yay, you!
"The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective." -- El Fug

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Thank you JW! Yeah I'm looking forward to relaxing a bit tomorrow but not feeling as desperate for an S day as I was before. A little progress-yay!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:27 pm

Hooray!!! 21 days and counting. You have made it and that is brilliant. Very pleased for you. I have watched you get stronger everyday and I really think you have made a Commitment to this way of eating at a deep level. You may have failures at times as do we all :( but you have already changed, you were sooo hungry early on, yet seem to be balancing out better now. This really is a great plan for you. Well done. Good luck with the next 21 days :)
Tessy

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:43 pm

Thank you so much for the support & encouragement Tessy! I'm feeling good about this. Someone asked me if I'd been working out lately so I think that's a good sign. Yay!
Last edited by lpearlmom on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:51 pm

Hey!!! Fab compliment :) way to go :lol:

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:20 am

Success!!

Break: scrambled eggs, toast, cereal, fruit
Post break: nonfat mocha (happiness!!!)
Lunch: mozzarella & tomato sandwich, chips, iced coffee
Dinner: plate of Chinese food

Exercise: none (got too busy)

Great day. I've been eating a little more at breakfast & it's making the wait for lunch much easier plus I don't overeat at lunch so seems like a good plan.

Yay for S days!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:01 pm

Sounds like you are getting your days so sorted. You are such an inspiration to me. I read your posts and feel so sure the path is right. I am stumbling along but still convinced by your example and all the others that this is the right path.
Hooray for nonfat mocha :) :)
Tessy

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Yeah things seemed to be going along nicely but I think the key is I was just ready for it. Hang in there I know it'll click for you too soon!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:54 am

Today went fine. Started off a little shaky but I told myself anything goes as long as I didn't go to bed feeling stuffed. I'm in bed now & feel just fine so mission accomplished.

Ate: Chinese food, toast w pb
Smoothie, mocha, pretzel
More Chinese food, mocha
1.5 slices pizza, salad, coke
Ice cream cone

I had a piece of pizza & salad b4 DH came home & then when he came home I decided to have another piece & more salad but I just couldn't eat it. I wasn't stuffed or even particularly full. Just kind of neutral but no appetite. Very odd for me. Usually I can eat unless very stuffed or sick.

Saw myself in a full length mirror today ( usually I avoid them like the plague) and wasnt half as bad as I thought it would be. I definitely feel like I'm losing weight. I looked kind of like a fat person being carved into a thinner one. Like just little hints here and there of a thinner person underneath.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:11 pm

I have used mochas- some days more than one and not nofat- since day 1. (This is day 1,330, btw.) It's a beverage and as with you, it doesn't make me want more and more. Besides, this is forever. It's part of my work ritual, and I don't like my job much, so I keep it for balance. I might be slimmer without it but I enjoy it too much to live without it just for that. I know it's smarter than resorting to chewed food that has to be the exact right food to work in the plan. Cafe au laits work, too, and they are easy to find or make. I can always change my mind and might. Until then, mocha is in.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:32 pm

Yep I'm right there with ya! I prefer the nonfat/no whip mocha but I like to get the biggest size so that helps to offset the calories. I think I'll be fine as long as I limit other caloric beverages. I have a tendency to drink a lot of calories but I think I'm going to stick to a 3 beverages/day rule for me, with a mocha counting as two beverages, and see how that works for me!

1,330 days is awesome oolala! Very inspiring!

Linda

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:21 am

Non stop eating today... Not so enjoyable. Feel sick & sluggish. Yay for Monday!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:06 am

Oh dear :( thank goodness it was an S day. You are really changing though. It didn't feel right for you in your head or your body. Monday will be feel so much better :)
Tessy

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:31 pm

Lperl, I had a lot of those. Took me a long time before I was finally just tired of them, but still used a mod. N days were enough to hang on to.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:58 am

Thanks for the support oolala & Tessy. Not sure how to handle S days yet, but not going to worry about it for now.

Had success today but feeling generally cranky & chubby. Most days I feel pretty good about my weight but somedays, like today, it just gets the better of me. Also stressing about scorpions we found in our house (ack!) and some issues w my kid's school. Totally unrelated to weight/eating but helps to write it down.

Still proud of myself for not distracting myself with food. It's nice not to be beating myself up for overeating on top of the other issues I'm dealing with at the moment. Tomorrow will be better-- think I'm just pmsing.

Break: bagel w cream cheese, tomato, nectarine, mocha (yay!)
Lunch: salad, spring roll, figs
Dinner: paella, corn fritters, guacamole & chips, figs, glass of wine

Kittykat150

Post by Kittykat150 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:51 am

What seems to be the little victory, like not distracting yourself with food, is probably huge in the long term. These are the thousand little things that added up to being overweight, and they will be the thousand little things that whittle us back down to normal. Good job.
Kat :wink:
"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." -Harriet Beecher Stowe

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:21 pm

Hey Linda. You did brilliantly to not distract yourself with food. Food is our Comfort blanket. We reach for it without even thinking about it because that is how we have always coped. You are breaking that dynamic down. You should be very proud of yourself. And you are right. Tomorrow will be better :)
Tessy

jw

Post by jw » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:26 pm

School, scorpions, and feeling fat -- yikes! what a combination. You're a hero not to "reward" yourself for the bad day you've been having. Good for you! Tomorrow will be better --
"The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective." -- El Fug

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:18 am

Thank you so much JW, Tessy & kittykat! It helps so much to have the support & encouragement from you all! It's so nice to not feel alone & know that someone here will know exactly how I feel.

Today was much better. I called the bug guy & he's coming tomorrow. Apparently our big rainstorm washed away our chemical barrier. Ack, we moved into our dream house and the bugs have been the only downside though I'm hopeful we'll get it under control.

My girls love their new school but I got caught up in hyper-parenting mode yesterday and started to worry it wasnt challenging enough for them. My friend called me & told me how she switched her kids to one of the top schools in arizona and how amazing it is. Never mind that she has to drive them 45 mins each way. I just got a little panicking but today I remembered we picked this school because we wanted less stressed kids & a neighborhood school to which they could walk.

Anyway today was a success!

Break: bagel w cream cheese, fruit, mocha
Lunch: paella, yogurt, fruit, 1 corn fritter, sugar-free ice blended mocha
Dinner: grilled chicken, bread, artichoke, 1/2 glass wine

Felt really nicely balanced today. Like eating a lighter dinner.

Onward!

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:09 pm

Yay, you're back on track. Well done. Success food wise and exercise too, great stuff :) parenting such a responsibility, but what a great role model you are for your girls :) glad they like their new school. Moving house is stressful huh!! I would have eaten very thing in the cupboard by now :lol:
Tessy

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:02 am

Yes moving is crazy stressful! :shock: So glad that's behind us for the most part (still have a couple boxes left).

Today was a Success--yay!

Break: poached eggs, toast, fruit, mocha
Lunch: chicken salad sandwich, 1/2 yogurt, fruit
Dinner: pasta Alfredo, bread, peas, glass wine

Exercise: none

I feel so good on my S days that its making me re-think the whole N day idea. I hate how full & miserable I feel in those days & am thinking I may really benefit from more structure on those days. Going to come up with a plan.

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:40 am

I know what you mean, I felt yucky on Monday cos I had eaten to bursting on Sunday.

I could do with some structure too. I think i was so full from my tea because of snacking, so I think I may stick to 3 meals but include a dessert or something sweet straight after my meal if I fancy it :-D
Starting weight 167 lbs

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:59 pm

Oops I think I got my S days & N days mixed up. Anyway Clarebear, I'm going to experiment with having some rules this weekend:

1) 3 regular plates for break, lunch, dinner--sweets can be included
2) 1 small dessert plate between lunch & dinner and 1 after dinner of sweets or snacks
3 ) unlimited drinks--any kind.

I am going to consider it a red day if I don't follow the rules. I'm going to try it for a weekend and if it feels too restrictive I'll just go back to the free for all!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Sounds like a reasonable weekend plan. Not too restrictive.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:05 am

Green day!

Break: bagel w lox & cream cheese. Coffee w cream & sugar
Lunch: big salad, w chicken & avocado, piece of bread
Dinner: fettuccine Alfredo w chicken & peas; bread; yogurt, banana; glass of wine

Everything went pretty well. Had some stress--our camper got broken into & feeling irritable (pms) but no desire to use food for solace--yay!

Looking forward to trying my new plan for S days. I'm just not enjoying S days right now so am hoping this will maximize the enjoyment of being allowed a few extra treats. Ill be curious to see if it makes it harder to stick to NoS during the week.

I tried on my favorite winter pants that got a little tight on me at one point. Not only did they fit, but they were a tad lose. Yay!!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:11 pm

When the impetus for changing S days comes from realizing you are really not enjoying no-holds-barred eating and don't feel any sense of panic at giving it up (as I did, even though I felt terrible on Sundays!) , I think there is a good chance it will be relatively smooth.

So happy about your pants, if you know what I mean!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:19 pm

it's ok, I knew what you meant Linda!
your structure idea sounds like a good one, probably similar to what I am going to do

Good luck for this weekend!

I'm having a pub dinner tomorrow and have decided on what I'm having already haha, I can taste the pudding already (sweet waffle with ice cream and syrup . . . mmmm)

:D
Starting weight 167 lbs

Kittykat150

Post by Kittykat150 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:12 pm

Good luck with your S day plans. I am putting structure into my S days as well because I enjoy feeling hungry for my next meal. For some reason it makes me feel skinny and normal. So I am not going to snack on weekends. I will add a sweet to my meals as a treat because I do enjoy this and miss it during the week. Especially important, for me, is that I am not going to settle for mediocre treats. It is either something wonderful, or nothing. No more cramming "stuff" into my mouth just because I can.
Hope we both have positive reports on Monday!
Peace.
Kat
"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." -Harriet Beecher Stowe

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi Linda. Great to have anther green day. You are really cracking it :)
Hope our weekend plans go well, they seem really sensible and respond a lot of our general anxieties about S days.

Have fun
Tessy

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:37 am

That's it exactly oolala. I'm not feeling desperate for S days anymore and just really want to maximize their enjoyment. What's the point of being able to treat yourself, if you don't enjoy it?

Totally agree with you kittykat about not wanting to settle for mediocre stuff. I'm too full of mediocre stuff to enjoy the good stuff when it finally comes around. Hopefully having this structure will help me to be pickier.

Clarebear, yum!! Great treat. Hope it lives up to expectations.

Thank you Tessy. You too!

Looking forward to hearing how everyone's weekend goes!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:48 am

Oh yeah Success today. Wasnt super satisfying day but stuck to 3 plates so its all good.

Break: cereal w fruit, mocha
Lunch: chicken, bacon sandwich, chips (too greasy & blah but ate every last crumb).
Dinner: subway sandwich, chips, fruit, glass of juice

Dinner was way too big as the sandwich was huge but again ate ALl of it. It's ok though. I'm guessing ill have some days like that, but eating a few too many bites on my plate because its there still feels very different than the all day snackathons I used to have.

Exercise: none. I will work on being more consistent w exercise once I have eating down.

Excited to try new S day plan!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:55 am

Success!

Today went really well. Was the perfect combo of treats & structures. Strangely though I'm feeling like tomorrow I need a true S day with no rules.
Maybe that'll be the solution for me in the end. One S day with some rules, one without. Ill decide tomorrow.

Break: pancakes with whipped cream & strawberries; bacon; mocha
Lunch: tuna melt; fruit
Snack: two cookies; fruit; another mocha
Dinner: potstickers; spring roll; 1 empanada; 1 beer
Dessert: a couple bites of pudding ( every1 else got to it b4 me)

okbyxmas

Post by okbyxmas » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Lpearlmom wrote:Success!

Today went really well. Was the perfect combo of treats & structures. Strangely though I'm feeling like tomorrow I need a true S day with no rules.
Maybe that'll be the solution for me in the end. One S day with some rules, one without. Ill decide tomorrow.
That sounds like a good approach!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:47 am

Oh boy well I took a regular S day today and there was quite a lot of nibbling involved. I ate:

3.5 Pancakes, 2.5 pieces bacon, coffee w cream, watermelon,
3 taquitos, lemon muffin, mocha, 4 pieces of chocolate, a lollipop
Nibbling while I prepped a strata for tomorrow
Leftover fries from my kids dinner
Ice cream cone (couldn't finish it)

There's something about eating nonstop that just makes me feel physically unwell even if the actual amount of food isn't enormous. My stomach feels upset & it makes me feel sluggish. Must be from the nonstop digesting my body has to do or something.

Still I don't regret today one bit. Pyschologically I know I needed a day without rules & glad I respected that need. Now I'm looking forward to & ready for tomorrow. Definitely not taking an S day for Labor Day. :)

jw

Post by jw » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:15 am

Linda, I think it's great you went all out and found what you really like -- and what you don't! I know what you mean, it's almost like we have lost the capacity to enjoy eating non-stop the way we used to. But that's a good thing! Maybe we never really enjoyed it, we just did it! My weekends are falling into a pattern of Saturday free-for-alls and Sundays more restrained. I'm trying not to second-guess that for the moment.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:16 am

Yeah JW S days are definitely a work in progress. I just think its smart to have at least one day where we are allowed to go a little nuts. I think it's like planned cheating without the guilt since its you know....planned. I'm pretty sure without it I would end up going off NoS during the week & feeling terrible about it & maybe backsliding even further.

Anyway today was a bit tricky but I did end up having a green day. We had friends over with food out at different times so people were nibbling but I did manage to get everything on one plate & stick to it. It's funny when they left I had an intense desire to snack but I didn't. I realize how much I stress after social engagements. Always worrying if I said/ did the right thing. Silly me.

Brunch strata, salad, grapes, mocha
Late lunch: salad
Dinner: chicken strips, rice, veggies& dip., wine

Glad tomorrows a normal day.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:48 am

Wanting to snack after get=togethers can start as a stress reliever but then can morph into just snacking because you've done it before after events. Food can be paired with anything, all day long! N days just cut through. Eventually, (and for some of us that can be a long eventually), the contrast between the delight of N days and the heaviness of overdoing it on S days wins out.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:24 pm

Thanks oolala, it's definitely something I used to do with my mom& sister. We'd pick at the leftovers after parties and gossip (good natured) about everyone that came.

NoS is really helping me pinpoint the reasons I sometimes overeat. When I'm feeling pure stress I actually lose my appetite but its those kind of uncomfortable, unnamed, unresolved emotions that trigger me to want to eat even if I'm not hungry.

So great to be discovering new things about oneself. NoS is definitely more than just a diet.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:17 am

Success!!

Break: strata, fruit, mocha
Lunch: chicken fingers, cheesy rice, yogurt, veggies w dip, coffee w cream
Dinner: chicken & dumplings, salad, spring roll, glass of milk & glass of wine

Ate a lot today but didn't feel in the least bit stuffed. I tend to get a bigger appetite right before my time of month so thinking that's all it is.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:18 pm

"When I'm feeling pure stress I actually lose my appetite but its those kind of uncomfortable, unnamed, unresolved emotions that trigger me to want to eat even if I'm not hungry." --> Holy Moly you described me to a tee!!!

You are doing so well! It's very inspirational :) How do you make your mocha's?!?!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:10 am

Sinnie, good to know I'm not alone & Thank you for he support! Definitely helps to have a sense of what drives us. Things are going pretty well.

It just suddenly seems pointless to do anything other than NoS. I know everything else just leads to a big old dead end. Hopefully, I will continue to keep my head on straight.

Oh btw, I often go to Starbucks & get a nonfat no whip mocha. When I make them at home I use a mocha mix from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf which I mix with espresso or brewed coffee & put steamed milk on top using my nespresso milk frother (works great!). You can see I'm a little obsessed.

Anyway, today was a success although kinda overdid it on beverages. Will need to watch that.

Break: eggs, toast, cereal, fruit, mocha
Lunch: veg burger, chips, dip, yogurt, fruit, iced coffee
Dinner: chili, chips, fruit, 2 margaritas

Exercise none :/

Kind of a rough day today emotionally. Fighting w daughter & feeling annoyed w friends. Clothes felt less loose. Pms big time! So glad my mom is visiting tomorrow.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:23 am

Success!

Great day! My mom is here & she always makes everything better.

Break: oatmeal & 2 turkey sausages, mocha
Lunch: 1/2 turkey burger, fries, side salad
Dinner: sushi, chips & guacamole, margarita

Exercise: 14 mins floor work plus leisurely swim w family

Week is going well but looking forward to an S day. Need a no structured one for sat & will decide about Sun prob sat night. :)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:54 am

Success!!

Was busy with my mom & forgot to eat lunch till 3pm so kept it light. Really ready for an S day!

Break: yogurt parfait, mocha
Lunch: 1/2 chicken salad sandwich, cup vegetable soup, sugar-free iced mocha
Dinner: turkey subway sandwich, sushi, chips , glass of sangria

Exercise: walked dogs

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:27 pm

Hi Linda. You are such a star, what a great week you had last week :) hope you are having a good weekend, and glad your moms there. I bet she can see a change in you? " uncomfortable, unnamed and unresolved emotions" get me very time too. Food is so much more than hunger.
Enjoy your moms visit
Tessy

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:03 am

Thank you Tessy!! My mom & I don't discuss weight anymore. She knows I'm not thrilled that dieting was such a big part of our family life, but I know now she just wants me to be happy whatever route I take so that's good.

Anyway had two pretty good S days. Definitely indulged a bit but never got overly stuffed or anything. Really enjoyed having some freedom but am ready to get back to some structure.

Emotionally feeling a little weird. I'm always so happy when my mom comes but it drains me emotionally to have people around me 24/7 so I'm always ready for her to go in a couple of days. Then of course I feel guilty about that & worry how I'll do if she ever comes to live w us (we've offered). Oh well, cross that bridge when I get to it & all that.

Also feeling a bit of a roller coaster re: weight too. On one hand my face seems so much thinner that I practically feel like I got a face lift. On the other hand, when I look at my side view, I still feel huge. Ugh, good news is that it doesn't effect my desire to continue w NoS, I know that is the best choice for me right now regardless of how slow my weight loss continues to be.

Yay for Mondays!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:42 am

Success but boy did I pile up my plates! This seems typical of Monday for me though as the old fear of not having enough to eat kicks in after S days. Anyway am shooting for 100 days so just glad I made it through.

Break: cereal, fruit, mocha
Lunch: pad Thai noodles, chips w eggplant dip, yogurt parfait
Dinner: pasta w cream sauce, salad, cheesy garlic bread, steak, sangria (oh boy!!)

Exercise: none ( was feeling a bit under the weather this morn)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:12 am

Almost forgot to check in. I guess that's a good sign as NoS is becoming just second nature to me now.

Green day w normal sized portions.

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Wow, that's real progress. Your living the dream!! I am so pleased for you. You're getting closer to your hundred days. I think if your face looks thinner you re defining losing weight. But like you say, it will take time. You're doing it all the right way though
Tessy :)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:07 pm

Thank you Tessy!

It's hard sometimes. I prepare a nice afternoon snack for my kids everyday & every night my entire family eats dessert without me. (I made them chocolate chip cookies last night).

I just know that the rewards of NoS are so worth it. I'm so tired of the deprivation/binge merry-go-round. This is the only liveable eating plan I've found. And trust me I've tried everything! I'm pretty sure I am losing weight very slowly but what I've gained is so much more. Free of obsession, constant angst & all that ugly self-loathing that comes from bingeing.

I can see clearly that I'm eating really moderately and that feels really good. I truly hope I lose a good amount of weight but, clearly, wherever my weight ends up from this new normalized way of eating, is where my weight is meant to be so I owe it to myself to accept myself.

Sorry to go on so long but really want this for everyone that's struggling. There is hope. There is a way out! I know you can make it to 21 days & after that it really will get easier. You just need to take a little leap of faith. :)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:29 am

Success!

Break: cereal w fruit, yogurt, nuts& a mocha
Lunch: pasta, grilled veggies, tuna on toast
Dinner: broccoli soup, cornbread, margarita

Exercise: walked dogs

I'm starting to see that I don't need so much on my plate. It still panics me a little but I'm slowly seeing that I'm fine w moderate amounts of food. I can even see playing w lighter foods for some meals.

The great thing about NoS is that if I can be so flexible w my eating. I can choose to eat lighter foods for most breakfast & lunch meals but when I eat w my family or friends I can just eat what their having.

I really need to pick up so skinny margarita mix! :x

okbyxmas

Post by okbyxmas » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Linda I am so with you on the eating with family and friends thing! I am so in love with how they just have no idea I'm doing something that could be considered a 'diet'.

And I wish I could have a dog. I like walking but dogs make it better.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:02 pm

I agree ok! I actually haven't told anyone that I'm doing NoS (not even my hubby).

I don't want my girls to grow up with the diet mentality which is what got me to gain so much weight in the first place. Eating as normally as possible is really important to me and I love that I can eat heavier food when I'm craving it & lighter food when I don't really care so much about specifically what I'm eating.

NoS is just so much more realistic than other diets!

My dogs are so happy after I walk them so that's definitely a big motivator for me. The downside is I can't even put on my tennis shoes without them going nuts! :)

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:04 pm

Lucky girls to have such a great mum :)
Lucky dogs too!!!
Tessy