Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linda's daily check-in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larkspur

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you faced the bills and found your fears to be unfounded. I've been having anxiety too-- do you think it's the time of year? <G> This morning I started with a thing I had been avoiding, and I feel better. Whew. I like Mint for doing the money, but it doesn't write the actual painful checks.

Re friends, it is hard to find the sweet spot. I have a bestie but she is also bestie to at least two other people, so I have share her Smile Most people aren't available during the day and evening tends to be family time, so that makes it a little harder too. Perhaps someone temperamentally like your husband? My BF is very similar to my DH emotionally-- I am optimistic, rather bouncy and definitely in touch with my feelings. My DH/BF are more gentle and introspective and often don't know how they feel. I can't imagine not knowing how you feel about something. It's the easiest thing in the world, right? But they have to think about it first. They are both in helping professions (psychologist, rabbi) and have great emotional regulation while I am more impulsive. It works, somehow.
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Larks! DH is such a unique person. Would be hard to find someone like him. Maybe someday.

IF is going really well. I opened my window a little earlier today & kind of overdid it but not too badly. Appetite correction is real. I'm down about 7 more pounds so feeling pretty good about the whole process.

Had the perfect day today. Was beautiful outside and DH didn't have to work. The girls had friends sleepover so we made everyone a big breakfast then the girls rode their bikes while DH and I did stuff around the house. AFTer their friends left, both my girls offered to help me clean.

Afterwards DH and the girls did some gardening & practiced their ukulele playing. I got so much done--I deep cleaned my frig & freezer, cleaned my stove and tidied up the yard. Motivated by the fact that we have visitors coming next week!

Break-fast (1 pm): 1 cauliflower taco, a cookie, grapes, mocha
Dinner: CHipotle salad w/ chips, glass of wine
Dessert: piece of chocolate, waiter cookie, lollipop

3/14-210 lbs; 3/15- 202 lbs; 1/16- 172 lbs; 9/17-177 lbs; 11/10- 167.8 lbs; 12/23-164

Current weight: 164

Instagram "lpearlmom"
ironchef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a great day! Well done, Linda, so nice to hear you're doing so well!
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Iron!!

Well my sister just left about an hour ago. It was actually a good visit but I'm exhausted. She did absolutely nothing to upset me but I just felt really tense every time someone in my family did something that I imagined she didn't approve of. Her kids are just so dang polite and helpful and I was sure my kids didn't measure up. She is still the picture of perfection that I could and will never be able to live up to.

Whatever. I don't want her life, her family, her job or anything else. I'm very happy t have my everything but it's hard to feel judged--real or imagined. Anyway, I'm glad I made the effort to have a relationship with her. That's all I can do and her kids are sweet and I really like her husband.

Thanksgiving was actually perfect. The house looked beautiful, the food came out great and we all had a really fun time. If we could have just said goodbye last night, it would have been an ideal visit. Today was good but things were a little more tense at times.

Okay, moving on. I took a day off of If yesterday but continued today with the exception of cream in my coffee this morning which is a big no-no.

Breakfast: coffee w/cream
Dinner: (6pm) several tiny pieces of homemade pizza.
Dessert: 2 pieces of pie with ice cream, 1/2 piece of chocolate

Exercise: 3 hrs of hiking

3/14-210 lbs; 3/15- 202 lbs; 1/16- 172 lbs; 9/17-177 lbs; 11/10- 167.8 lbs; 12/23-164

Instagram "lpearlmom"
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling a little better about the whole thing. It really wasn't so bad but I'm just completely exhausted today. I think I was tense for weeks up to the visit. I decided to take the day off from fasting and we just laid around and watched movies all day. I'm excited to get back to it tomorrow.

Also, I noticed nightly desserts sneaking back into my life. I think it's because a lot oh IF ppl eat a small desert but I think it's stalling my progress so back to sweets on the weekends only. Better for my health too, I'm sure!

Ate...a lot!

Instagram "lpearlmom"
ironchef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you are feeling more relaxed Linda, sounds like an amazing Thanksgiving celebration!

That's interesting that a lot of IF people have daily desserts and that's pushing you the same way. I think we all tend to "fit in" socially with those around us, with our eating as well as other things. Whenever I'm around my mother, I find it hard, because she constantly has small snacks - a cup of tea has her reaching for "a little something" to go with it. If we go away on holiday for 3 or 4 days, by the end of it I'm copying her behavior!
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks iron! Yes I guess snacking is catching!

My weight is still stalled so I decided to try a 24 hr fast from yesterday to today. It wasn't bad at all. Just those last couple of hours felt intense. I really wasn't too hungry but just felt a strong urge to eat.

I did eat quite a bit but it was all healthy so it's all good. I'm really enjoying fasting. I have so much energy & clarity during the fasting time. It feels great! My window is 5 hrs right now but I'm thinking of changing it to a 2 hr window. It seems like it might work better for me. Nervous but excited!

Break-fast (4pm): hummus, crackers, avocado, yogurt w/ fruit & nuts
Dinner: Peking mushroom bowl over brown rice, glass wine
Desserts: yogurt, banana

Exercise: walking 25 mins

Instagram "lpearlmom"
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All is going pretty well. I did a 26 hr fast from Thursday to Friday night. Then we went out to dinner with friends. That meal tasted pretty amazing. I didn't overdo it but ate heartily.

I did kind of overdo it today however but not stressing about it. My weight seems to have plateaued but I'll get there.

Break-fast (3pm): yogurt, cashew butter, cheese crackers, cookies, mango
Dinner: two fish tacos, chips & dip
Dessert: 3 cookies w tea

Instagram "lpearlmom"
ironchef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yum mango! We are just coming in to mango season here and I loooove them!
ladybird30

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="lpearlmom"] My weight seems to have plateaued but I'll get there.

Plateaus can be regarded as opportunities to practice maintenance, at least that is what I tell myself.

You are now down an amazing 40+ lbs and deserve a pat on the back for all the effort you have put in.
Whosonfirst

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ladybird30"]
lpearlmom wrote:
My weight seems to have plateaued but I'll get there.

Plateaus can be regarded as opportunities to practice maintenance, at least that is what I tell myself.

You are now down an amazing 40+ lbs and deserve a pat on the back for all the effort you have put in.

Echo this comment. You're a success story. You wish to lose more weight, and I want to regrow my hair.
gingerpie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Linda,

Glad to hear you're doing well. Hopefully the weight moves for you soon but if not, at least you know you're living the life you want to lead!! Very Happy
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you guys ! Perspective is good. Keeping off the weight this long is a pretty good accomplishment I guess. I just need to trust the process & realize it's going to be slow going.

BreAk-fast (6pm): couple handful of chips w:guacamole
Dinner: bowl of veggie curry w/ brown rice, glass of wine
Dessert: larabar, lollipop

Exercise: 25 min walk, 10 mins HIITS

Instagram "lpearlmom"
gingerpie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I changed my window to 2 hrs and seems to be helping a lot.

Hi Linda,

You posted this on Kathleen's thread and I've been wondering if you mean everyday?

Hope all is well.
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ginger!

Yes I'm doing a daily 2 hr window from like 5:30-7:30 pm but in the weekends I'll do more like a 5 hr window. So far so good!

Instagram "lpearlmom"
gingerpie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda, glad to hear your doing well. Smile I guess you've decided to go full-on IF then?

Do keep us posted on how things are going for you. It's always nice to hear from you.
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ginger! Yes I'm in deep! 😬

I'll definitely keep you posted. Only weighing monthly now.

Instagram "lpearlmom"
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick check in. I'm still doing IF. 8 weeks in and down 8 lbs so a nice healthy , slow weight loss.

There's so many misconceptions about IF, most of which I had before doing my own research. Now that I've been doing it for awhile it feels like the most freeing, amazing way of eating ever. NoS helped reduce my obsession with food/body size but IF has taken that to a whole new level.

Since this isn't an IF site, I won't go into it too much but if anyone is curious to know more, feel free to PM me. No lectures though of course, please. Wink

Happy Holidays! My plan is to check-in about 1/mos.

Instagram "lpearlmom"
gingerpie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linda,
Glad your doing well. I look forward to reading your updated.
Merry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Holidays, Linda!

2 years and counting on No-S

28 lbs. down, 35 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
automatedeating

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linda!

I LOVE seeing your progress posted. Wow! What a wonderful, honest, wise, and inspiring journey you have led! When I think over these years it boggles my mind to contemplate how many people you have encouraged. You're such a special lady.
8/17: BMI 25.8
Strawberry Roan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me agree with the posts above me, I have been amazed watching your progress.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

And Congrats on being such a good loser Razz (and I share your fasting enthusiasm).
ironchef

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year Linda! Glad you are travelling so well, look forward to hearing from you along the way!
Best wishes, ic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
Page 32 of 32

Jump to: