Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linda's daily check-in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi worth! Great that you’ll be joining me in September!

Today was okay. Weight is up and I overdid it a bit. Not that it was so much food but that I just got a little overfull. Maybe this is as good as it gets. Maybe I should stop weighing so often. But last time I gave up the scale I blew up to 210 lbs. 🤦🏼‍♀️

21/3
155.2 lbs

Break-fast (5pm): cherries, pb & banana smoothie
Dinner: 2 pieces of pizza, kale salad
Dessert: fudgsicle

Exercise: 12 min circuit: lunges, push-ups, jumping jacks

3/14-210 lbs;
3/15- 202 lbs;
1/16- 172 lbs;
9/17-177 lbs;
1/18-162 lbs
7/18-152 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"
Soprano

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally don't drink Mon - Thursday except on hols but we are having such good weather a cool beer after work has been tempting!

Jx

23/03/2018 11st 3.2lb
14/04/2018 10st 13.8lb (BF 37.5%)
13/07/2018 10st. 9.8lb (BF 36.5%)
3squaremeals

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean about the scale. It's hard to find a balance. I find weighing does keep me on track but weighing too often discourages me as well. Although I am currently trying to not weigh as I'm trying to work on my relationship with food and my binge eating issues before I worry too much about the weight loss side of things.
worth it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you (all) on the scale “dilemma” of to weigh or not to weigh. While I currently don’t, I’ll admit it’s still nerve-racking sometimes not to weigh myself. There have been days where I’ve even had the scale out and had one foot on it.... and then stop. I guess the trade off of not knowing my weight versus the excitement (either good or bad) I get from the number on the scale is worth it for now. Not sure if it always will be, but I agree that it’s a difficult decision either way.

Maybe it’s just comforting still track but just know that you are taking a little time off from trying to get that number down? No answers, just hoping you can find some peace around this for now.
Whosonfirst

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lpearlmom wrote:
Hi worth! Great that you’ll be joining me in September!

Today was okay. Weight is up and I overdid it a bit. Not that it was so much food but that I just got a little overfull. Maybe this is as good as it gets. Maybe I should stop weighing so often. But last time I gave up the scale I blew up to 210 lbs. 🤦🏼‍♀️

21/3
155.2 lbs

Break-fast (5pm): cherries, pb & banana smoothie
Dinner: 2 pieces of pizza, kale salad
Dessert: fudgsicle

Exercise: 12 min circuit: lunges, push-ups, jumping jacks

You're obviously doing something right with your continued success. Nice work on the 12-minute circuit. Everyone should do what's in their comfort zone with scales. I haven't been on mine in about 3 weeks, but it's usually more like once a week.
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. I think I’ll keep weighing for now. When I get to maintenance I can ease up a bit.

The weight loss has been tough. I feel like I have to fight so hard for every single pound and sometimes I feel like I just want to be skinny already. Part of the problem is I’m constantly changing my fasting protocol in attempt to get the scale moving.

The nice part of NoS is you do pretty much the same thing every day so there’s no need to be constantly thinking about how to tweak things. I guess that tells me I should just pick a protocol and stick with it. Something to consider.

Today was fine. I was barely hungry but ate a little bit anyway. No alcohol again—yay! Tomorrow I have a happy hour event so will drink but no more than 3 and I must remember to eat something first.

20/3
155 lbs

Break-fast (4pm): a couple bites of shrimp, sf tea latte
Dinner: Shrimp salad, roasted potatoes
Dessert: vegan fruit muffin

3/14-210 lbs;
3/15- 202 lbs;
1/16- 172 lbs;
9/17-177 lbs;
1/18-162 lbs
7/18-152 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"
Soprano

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your impatience is understandable. I'm surprised at my own patience with nos and find I want to explore IF only for other health benefits though loss will be a bonus.

Switching probably isn't working, you might be better sticking to a plan for a month then reassessing.

Have you thought about how you will eat when you get to goal?

For me I never intend eating any different to nos and this will always be my default whatever I try with fasting

Jx

23/03/2018 11st 3.2lb
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi soprano. I think you’re right so I wrote down a schedule and am going to try to stick it out for at least 4 weeks. Well after my two vacations that are coming up of course. I’ll do my best to keep to at least 18:6 on those days.

My plan for maintenance, if I ever get there, will be 19:5.

I overdid it today a bit but at least I’m feeling better. I had tons of energy and my mood was better. I had a margarita and then started on a sangria but I realized I didn’t really enjoy the feeling of being typsy. Am I turning into a non-drinker? Or maybe I just need to stick to wine? I think I just am enjoying feeling clear-headed & having stable moods. Alcohol is a depressant right? That can’t be good for me. Anyway, we shall see.

20/5
155 lbs

Break-fast (4:30 pm): chips & salsa, margarita
Dinner: 2 veggie tacos, guacamole, 1/2 sangria
Dessert: 3 pieces chocolate; handful of yogurt pretzels; large horchata

Exercise: 30 mins treadmill walk/run

3/14-210 lbs;
3/15- 202 lbs;
1/16- 172 lbs;
9/17-177 lbs;
1/18-162 lbs
7/18-152 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"
Soprano

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good plan Smile

I think as I've got older I'm less bothered by alcohol, don't get me wrong I do still enjoy a drink and sometimes go too far but I would rather wake with a clear head these days.

Good luck with the plan, I'm inclined to think that our bodies like a bit of routine. From what I've read on fasting Facebook pages some people have alternative months of losing and staying the same.

Jx

23/03/2018 11st 3.2lb
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx soprano! I think you’re right about the routine. Here’s my plan from now till August 21st:

1) 22/2–weekdays; 21/3-weekends; Tues-30/2
2) no alcohol m-th
3) no desserts m-f
4) exercise according to my mud-run schedule.
5) keep m-f to 2 plates (appetizer plus dinner); sat, sun—3 plates (app, main , dessert )

I can’t promise I won’t weigh before the 21st but I wait till that date to re-evaluate my plan. As long as I’m still averaging .5 lb/week, I’ll stay with my plan. Of course all bets are off when I’m on vacation. Then I’ll aim to fast for at least 16 hrs/day.

Today was good. I’m trying to eat around the same time each day. There’s something comforting about a routine and I’ve really been all over the place. I’m aiming to eat from 5-7 pm. I like to fix a little plate of munchies I can have while I cook dinner. Boy did my appetite Correction kick in though. I could only eat a tiny bit of my main course. I hope that continues. The only downside is no food really excites me anymore. It’s bizarre.

155.6 🤦🏼‍♀️
21/2

Break-fast (4:30 pm): small plate of olives, pickles, nuts
Dinner: fattoush salad, hummus (ate about 1/3rd)
Dessert: couple slices watermelon

No alcohol—yay!

3/14-210 lbs;
3/15- 202 lbs;
1/16- 172 lbs;
9/17-177 lbs;
1/18-162 lbs
7/18-152 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"
Soprano

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the plan, sounds good.

Well done no alcohol, I had a cold beer last night! The weather has been so unusually good in the UK it just felt right Smile

Jx

23/03/2018 11st 3.2lb
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with that Soprano! For me it has been turning into a daily habit and I wanted to make sure I could go somedays without.

Even after a light week my weight is still stubbornly stuck at 155.6 lbs. must be the increased HcG. Tomorrow ill be going to San Francisco and I’ll be eating breakfast and dinner so really no fasting. I’m hoping that this will actually help move the scale along. We’ll see!

3/14-210 lbs;
3/15- 202 lbs;
1/16- 172 lbs;
9/17-177 lbs;
1/18-162 lbs
7/18-152 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"
Soprano

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's good to make sure it's not a daily habit.

Hopefully the change will shake things up for you, just keep plugging away it will go Smile

Safe journey

Jx

23/03/2018 11st 3.2lb
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Soprano!

Well we got back from our trip to see family in California and I just have so many emotions going through me that I thought I was going to have a panic attack while we were driving home.

Just so many triggers for me on this trip. On the one hand, it’s really nice that my sister and I are mending our relationship, on the other hand, she’s still the same perfect sister who I could never measure up to. Seriously her life is like magazine perfect and it’s hard not to compare ones own life.

Then my cousins were talking non stop about my 93 year old aunts health issues and that triggered so many fears about health and dying and other unpleasant things.

So on the way home panicked about everything—money, college, my kids futures , my moms health, DH, and redocorating my house.

But then I got home and went swimming in our beautiful pool with my wonderful daughter and realized I need to cut myself a little slack. I don’t need to be perfect to be happy and everyone has problems. This is just life.

Saturday I didn’t really fast at all and yesterday I had a 5 hr window. Today I decided to just have breakfast and then fast till tomorrow evening. Btw my weight is down a bit. Maybe the day off was good.

15/1
153.2 lbs

Breakfast (9am): 1 carrot muffin, handful of cashews

3/14-210 lbs;
3/15- 202 lbs;
1/16- 172 lbs;
9/17-177 lbs;
1/18-162 lbs
7/18-152 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

Last edited by lpearlmom on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soprano

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panic attacks are horrible, especially when driving!

I bet your sister's life isn't as perfect as it seems.

It's your life , live it and enjoy it, perfection is not a prerequisite to happiness....

Well done on the loss Smile

Jx

23/03/2018 11st 3.2lb
eschano

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like family to trigger some issues. I bet your sister is not as perfect as you perceive her to be and from all I can tell over the years of you posting - I’d love to hang out with YOU in the real world (though would be tough given the ocean between) as you are fun, kind, and reflected. Glad you are getting on better now.

July 2012- January 2016
Started again July 2018
worth it

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linda,

Just wanted to send some positive vibes! Hopefully some distance and a few days away from the "perfection" will get you back in your normal, positive, mental state. Perfection is so boring anyway! Very Happy
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone so much for the sweet and encouraging comments! You guys are right, perfection doesn’t equal happiness and it’s really not fun being around.

I sometimes wonder what she’s trying to prove with all this constant need for perfection. Some parts of her life , I really admire but mostly it all looks a bit exhausting. One thing that I thought was really strange was as o was leaving she insisted I see her blueprints for the remodel on their house. I think it really bugged her that our house might have been nicer than hers. Just makes me realize how insecure she must be.

Also, my daughter commented that she found it really annoying that her cousins were like little adults. She said normally there’s this kind of unspoken kinship you have with other kids but with them everything felt sort of stiff and formal. I know it’s because my sister puts so much pressure on them to be well mannered and perfect.

Actually when I’m there in the moment of everything, it’s all very overwhelming and intimidating but now that I look back on it, it’s sort of a bizarre lifestyle they lead. I much prefer our relaxed , comfortable family life that we’ve created. Not to say that I can’t take away anything positive from being there. It did inspire me to watch less tv, get more family photos up and help the girls decorate their rooms. I’ll happily leave the rest behind.

Today was good except I think I’m trying to diet in my window and it’s backfiring on me. I think my attempt to combine nos rules with IF is too much restriction. I’ve been trying to do no sweets and to keep to two plates but after I closed my window today, all I could think about were the Reese’s pieces cups I denied myself so I ended up reopening my window and having a few. I closed my window again but still wanted to eat.

Clearly I under ate in my window and need to go back to just sort of eating intuitively in my 2 hr window with something sweet (but small) at the end of my window if I really want it. Usually it’s just a protein bar I’m wanting so nothing crazy. I will of course stick to unprocessed Whole Foods and keep an eye on the carbs. Sorry I know this is all very opposite nos.

21/5
152 lbs

Break-fast (4 pm): smoothie,
Dinner: tilapia, sautéed veggies
Dessert: protein bar
2nd dessert: 5 mini Reese’s cups

No alcohol for 3 days—woot!

No exercise but yesterday did 30 mins on treadmill.

3/14-210 lbs;
3/15- 202 lbs;
1/16- 172 lbs;
9/17-177 lbs;
1/18-162 lbs
7/18-152 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"
eschano

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would much prefer a relaxed family life too and it is much healthier. Seems like you are doing really well since I left!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again July 2018
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks eschano! Me too! Yes, I’ve managed to drop about another 20 lbs since you left but it’s been very slow going!

3/14-210 lbs;
3/15- 202 lbs;
1/16- 172 lbs;
9/17-177 lbs;
1/18-162 lbs
7/18-152 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"
eschano

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still beats me gaining 25lbs 😉

July 2012- January 2016
Started again July 2018
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but I didn’t just recently give birth (twice). ☺️

I’m struggling a bit. Just wanting to eat outside my window which I normally never even consider and also wanting to eat more sweets than usual. Maybe I just need a long window tomorrow instead of trying to fight this.

Hopefully I won’t gain any weight back. It’s a constant struggle, isn’t it? I realized that I’m only 10 lbs away from being a “normal” BMI. Whatever that means. Of course I’m actually statistically currently in the healthiest range so maybe I shouldn’t be too much in a hurry to lose more.

20/2.5
152.2 lbs

Break-fast (4pm): olives, nuts, hummus, veggies
Dinner: 1 veggie taco, Kombucha
Dessert: 2 1/2 protein bars, 1 mini Reese’s pb cup

Exercise: 15 min circuit training.

3/14-210 lbs;
3/15- 202 lbs;
1/16- 172 lbs;
9/17-177 lbs;
1/18-162 lbs
7/18-152 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
Page 34 of 34

Jump to: