Emma's one year check in.

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

emmay

Emma's one year check in.

Post by emmay » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:04 pm

Mine is not quite a success story (yet). But it is still a testimonial for how well the No S diet works if you stick to it.
I'm female, age 36, height 167cm.
A year ago I started the No S diet. I weighed 66kg and my weight was climbing. I was an emotional eater and I snacked almost continually. Any time I tried to diet or restrict my eating I would respond by overeating. I felt that my eating was disordered and I desperately wanted order.
Finally I remembered No S, which I had come across many years earlier. Reinhard's No S rules provided order for me. A successful N day was a day I could be proud of my eating. It felt sensible, normal and ordered.
Within three months I had lost over 5kg and felt slim and comfortable. For the following 6 months I maintained my weight between 60 and 61kg.
Then, from July to September, I stopped sticking to the rules and gained it all back, right up to 66kg again. Don't ask me why, pretty dumb. I think I listened to a lot of my sabotaging thoughts.
Anyway, now I'm back to it and I intend to post a success story next year.

Anna from KC

Post by Anna from KC » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:16 am

Good for you!!! Great point that this "diet" establishes order and so helps us feel normal and successful. Best wishes.
Nothing is more important for the
public weal than to form and train
up youth in wisdom and virtue.
Ben Franklin

eschano

Post by eschano » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:38 am

Hi Emmay,

Many thanks for sharing. I just started slipping so many thanks for your reminder that it's all about the power of habit.

Good luck and hope to see you around the boards
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:24 pm

Dear Emma,

Thanks for throwing down the gauntlet here and looking forward to reading more about your continuing experiences with No-s!
I felt that my eating was disordered and I desperately wanted order.
"Ordered" eating is what no-s is all about. A deep, rhythmic, unobtrusive order. The rules can seem restrictive and coldly rational at first, but habit makes gradually makes them largely unconscious and even almost intuitive.

(Sorry for the delayed response -- it's been a rough cold season chez Engels these last few weeks.)

Best,

Reinhard

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:30 pm

I'm perusing testimonials and just saw this. How has your return to No S been? I'm impressed that your gain didn't send you off to some diet. I guess you knew better.

I'm also glad to see that No S helped you even though you were not close to being overweight when you started. (In the U.S, you would be in the slimmest 25% even at your highest.)
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)