jen's daily ckeck in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

newday

jen's daily ckeck in

Post by newday » Sat May 13, 2006 1:45 am

this is the end of my seconed day on the S diet.i am so relaxed, and so happy i found this site.im still so surprised at how everyone is so supportive of one another on this site.iv found my first two days very easy.tomarrow is my first no s day, and i look forward to many more, o ya it's also Mothers day sunday, i will have some cake with my boys, and not feel guilty.

jennifer :D

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » Sat May 13, 2006 3:33 am

Hi newday, I'm also a Jennifer from California!

Welcome to the boards, and I hope you have a very good no-s week next week (wow it rhymes!). Oh, and be sure to have a happy Mother's Day. :D

newday

Post by newday » Mon May 15, 2006 3:07 am

this is my fourth day on no s diet.my saturday was o.k., i find it hard to take the weekend off from the diet. i did not over eat, but over sat. and sun. i had to much junk, which made me feel bad.i think i will save my S days for the holidays, not weekends.Who eles feels that way?
Thank you jennifer for welcoming me. what part of california are you inn?

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon May 15, 2006 1:58 pm

Hi Jen,
Newbies always seem to sweat the S days... Even I did for a while..
Over time I really found they had no impact on my weight picture... Even on a "bad" weekend... Taking away the S's on the weekends just takes the fun out of this plan... I know it's a challenge to try for moderation, but it's a worthwhile one... It will take you some time, but you can enjoy S days without them all being free for alls... By taking them out of the picture, you are going to feel deprived when you really have an urge for something and you have to say to yourself "Well it's not Christmas, so sorry.." Trust me! LOL... Or you may start celebrating every holiday and every birthday of everyone you know, just to find ways of getting those treats! LOL... :wink:

I suggest that you keep them but just try to tone them down a bit...
Get a limited amount of some treat and don't get a huge bag of it...
Anyways... Hope you find your way!
Be patient...
You can do it!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

newday

Post by newday » Tue May 16, 2006 4:46 am

this is day five on S diet.

B- mexican hot chocolate w/ french roll

L- three shreded beef tacos

D- chicken burger w/ avocado, baked beans and grapes

i love this diet!

thank you Deb for the advice, you are right! :D

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue May 16, 2006 3:35 pm

You're welcome!
Have a lovely day Jen :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

newday

Post by newday » Wed May 17, 2006 3:19 am

day six and loving it!

B- mexican hot chocolate and frenchroll (chocolate made with soymilk)

L-cheeseburger, nonfat pringles, grapes

D- special K w/ soymilk , banana, slice of mango

i know my menu is not real healthy today, i also had two glasses of wine, is that o.k.?

tomarrow is the end of my first week! :D

newday

Post by newday » Thu May 18, 2006 4:58 am

day seven, started out good, then ended bad. :(

B- mexican chocolate and frenchbread

L- noodle soup and three corn torillas

S- container of fat free pringals :x

d-nachos w/ beans, beef, sourcream and cheese. and than, i had seconds! im so sorry :cry:

S- one pint of ben and jerrys icecream

i don't know why i have done this, it's the stress im going through right now, but i used to go out for a run or walk, i didn't use food to heal my wounds.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Thu May 18, 2006 1:18 pm

Hi Jennifer,

I just came across your thread and although I don't have any great words of wisdom, I want to tell you that I have the same issue. My day starts out good and then ends bad. Like yesterday - perfect day, but by the evening I needed licorice and had to have it.

I also try to go for a walk in times like that, but it was raining (still is this morning!). I think what's really important is looking at our three meals and making sure they are balanced and contain foods with as much nutrients as possible. That tends to keep one full and not craving other bad stuff. Like perhaps your lunch could use some more protein and healthy fats. Don't mean to give unwarranted advice, but I just personally find it very helpful to eat foods that are processed little as possible. Maybe also tuck in some more fruits and veggies. You are doing great, keep it up!

Good Luck :)
Cynthia