Help pls ... Mobile Habitcal

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

butterfly1000

Help pls ... Mobile Habitcal

Post by butterfly1000 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:00 pm

I just noticed some conversations on the mobile habitcal but I'm not able to find it on my phone. I have an android phone. Can someone give me some guidance on how to find this app please.

leafy_greens

Post by leafy_greens » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:34 pm

https://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/m/

This is the "app." It's not something you can download, but a page that you have to go to. It's basically a web page that is formatted to be mobile-friendly.
"No S IS hard... It just turns out that everything else is harder." -oolala53

butterfly1000

Post by butterfly1000 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:43 am

Thank you!

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:03 am

Hi Butterfly! I use an app called Habit that I really like. I have an iPhone so I'm not sure if it is available for androids, but you could check. You can pick the color you want to use, so I use green and it colors in the boxes of a calendar. The longer your streak, the darker the green. If you would have a "red" day (you can't mark a red day - there would be no color in that box), your next green day would be back to light green.
You can set it up to mark certain days of the week, which works great for NoS, Monday thru Friday. I have a second calendar for exercise and use Mon., Tues., Thurs., Sat. and Sun. for tracking.
I use my phone for practically everything, so this works well for me.
Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

butterfly1000

Post by butterfly1000 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:27 pm

mimi wrote:Hi Butterfly! I use an app called Habit that I really like. I have an iPhone so I'm not sure if it is available for androids, but you could check.
Yes, I've tried to find a habit app for androids and there are many, but I have yet to find one that's flexible with the color choices. I'll keep looking.
Thanks Mimi!

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:22 pm

Bettyann Martt wrote:SPAM DELETED
SPAMMERS bumping four year old threads with nonsense. Good stuff!
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:50 pm

I now (many years into it!) really like google sheets. It's free, hugely flexible, and works well on mobile devices.

"Conditional formatting" (coloring things automatically based on their values) is the key to turning it into a habit tracking tool.

And you can go bananas with summary stats. You can also add qualitative information in a separate column or columns.

I create a new sheet for every year, and compute monthly summary stats on a new tab.

Reinhard