I heart Reinhard and the Everyday Systems!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Pinkcupcakes

I heart Reinhard and the Everyday Systems!!

Post by Pinkcupcakes » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:14 am

As you can see from my first post I am a massive fan of the No S Diet - although im still straying off the path here and there, Im building habits and heading in the right direction.
So just when I thought I couldnt feel any more positive about getting fit and healthy I discovered the podcasts!! So now not only am I a No Ser, I am also using the HabitCal and Im a fully fledged Urban Rangeress! (walking on average 5-6 miles a day) Ive still got 24 more podcasts to hear so Im really excited to know what other good habits Im going to form.
I just love the Everyday systems, with all due respect, Reinhard hasnt really told me anything that I didnt already know... but he has made me realise that we overlook the simple, natural, obvious solutions and look more towards the heavily over complicated, over marketed, over researched (normally bias results anyway) options.
Little things like the 14mins of exercise - my wii has been gathering dust and I have loads of fitness/dancing games for it - I always feel that I need to spend at least an hour dancing to get anywhere, and as I never seem to have a spare hour I end up doing none! Now Ive worked out that if I just do 14 mins a day that an extra 1lb gone every 5 weeks - if only I had been doing that for the last couple of years!
Anyway essay is forming now so just want to say one final thing, I guess this all really links in with saying 'look after the pennies and pounds (or dollars!!) look after themselves' ie just focus on small consistant changes of habit and weightloss will follow.
Im am officially a Reinhard disciple! I notice you have Twitter (im not a stalker honest!!) just wondered if you might start some Everyday Solutions motivation tweets?!
If you dont want to be where you've always been, change what you've always done!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:49 pm

I am very flattered!

I do exist on twitter, but I have to say I have trouble paying attention to it... I've mostly found it useful for stuff like figuring out that the reason we didn't have running water was a water main break.

But I really ought to, even if only for the purpose of shameless self promotion. I guess everyone has to do some social networking thing these days, and as far as those go, I find its minimalist aesthetic much more appealing than facebook.

Lemme get that habitcal app out finally and then I'll think about it. :-)

Reinhard

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:13 pm

Barbara Sher of Wishcraft fame and many other books and workshops on doing what you love tells those who want to market their work: if it isn't on Twitter, it didn't happen. probably not her idea, but still.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

BrightAngel

Re: I heart Reinhard and the Everyday Systems!!

Post by BrightAngel » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:14 pm

Pinkcupcakes wrote:Im am officially a Reinhard disciple!
I notice you have Twitter (im not a stalker honest!!)
just wondered if you might start some Everyday Solutions motivation tweets?!
Obviously, I'm not Reinhard...merely another Reinhard fan...
however, you might be interested in following my daily motivational tweets,
which are compatible with all of the No S Diet Principles.
Many people tell me that they find them helpful.

These motivational videos are 30-seconds-or-less,
and are posted daily on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
as well as on my website at DietHobby.com.
The key word to look for at all those online sites is " DietHobby "
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

NoSnacker

totally relate

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:01 am

i'm new as well to no s and absolutely love it...i'm glad i found a newbie as well.

the dieting mentality from 30 years of it, had put me in a bad way...my goal is to lose it, slowly but surely going back to the basics will cure that.

success to you
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:32 pm

Barbara Sher of Wishcraft fame and many other books and workshops on doing what you love tells those who want to market their work: if it isn't on Twitter, it didn't happen. probably not her idea, but still.
I've heard this as well, and partly (reluctantly) believe it... I guess it seems to me like so much of twitter etc. is devoted precisely to people marketing stuff (or documenting the status of their digestive tracks) that I have trouble believing that anybody really pays attention to it. Still, worth a shot. It's not like there's a high barrier to getting started. Maybe I'll make a monthly resolution to emit a tweet a day in August or something.

Reinhard