In Support of No S

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

BrightAngel

In Support of No S

Post by BrightAngel » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:08 pm

This recent article by the Chicago Tribune
supports principles that are common to the No S Diet.

http://www.diethobby.com/blog.php?ax=v&nid=246

What information here is relevant to your No S Plan?
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:42 pm

Interesting article.

I think one of the things that leads to "failures" is putting too much importance on little slip-ups. There are going to be circumstances we didn't (and couldn't!) anticipate or plan for. There are just going to be mistakes, but we tend to dwell on them rather than marking them or just NOTING them and moving on.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:56 pm

wosnes wrote:I think one of the things that leads to "failures" is putting too much importance on little slip-ups. There are going to be circumstances we didn't (and couldn't!) anticipate or plan for. There are just going to be mistakes, but we tend to dwell on them rather than marking them or just NOTING them and moving on.
wosnes ... I totally agree.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:47 pm

Thanks for sharing...I definitely agree with the encouragement from others and checking off, like our habitcal.

I find encouragement from my spark friends as well as my new found No S friends.
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8