Another Newbie Here

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

AmiePants1985

Another Newbie Here

Post by AmiePants1985 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:18 am

Hi No-Sers, just finally joined the forum after a couple of months of lurking, but I've been doing No-S since October 1. Only one red day so far, and it hasn't seemed like much of a struggle. I'm doing vanilla no-S with the only caveat being that my s-days are Thursday night through the end of the day Saturday. I have also tried to keep my treats to a minimum even on S-days (though I'm not above having pie for breakfast if the situation warrants it :wink: ).

I did no-S a few years ago and lost about 30lbs over the course of a year, but gained it all back shortly after falling off the wagon. When I moved to NYC about three years ago I lost about 50 lbs because I was walking so much more and couldn't afford to eat much besides ramen and dollar pizza. Since then I've found a better job and am in a much happier place in my life, so the pounds are piling back on and I'm trying to stem the tide before I'm back up to the weight I was when I moved here. I haven't weighed myself since starting No-S again, but I've gained two new notches on my belt, so I'll take it.

I walk to and from work every day (a little less than 3 miles round trip) but don't really exercise other than that and I would really like to start moving more, especially on the weekend.

Anyway, that's all for me, just thought I would finally join the forum instead of just reading everyone else's posts when I needed inspiration/a pick me up!
“Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection.” – Mark Twain

Norma J

Post by Norma J » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:00 am

Congrats, I've also just joined the forum and planning to go on no S from next weekend. I'm still learning and making plans. After many years I have also started walking and exercise. It is tough in the beginning but hopefully, It will get better with the time.

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:05 am

Welcome! I can't believe you've only had one red day! That's amazing! :D

Merry

Post by Merry » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:11 am

Great progress so far! And, I love your siggy line :-)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation