New to NOs board but not new to NOs.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MB

New to NOs board but not new to NOs.

Post by MB » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:40 pm

Hey y'all I am new to the board. At the beginning of September when school started (I'm a teacher), I tried the NOs diet after stumbling on this website. It sounded doable. After two weeks I lost 10 lbs and cheated on the weekends alot! The only time I drank soda was on weekends and except for a Coke Icee they were all diet sodas. My only excercise is light walking at school. I am not crazy about sweets and my husband is diabetic so we don't have sweets in our house anyway. I have been under some stress lately so I have gained that 10 pounds back and I am ready to try again. I have been home sick with bronchitis for 3 days so I will start whenever I am over this. I know it will work this time!! I am 29 years old and I have a great life, and I used to look good too! I weighed 130 in college and now I weigh 215 pounds :( My short term goal is 190. Then I'll go from there. I am open for suggestions. Just wanted to try out the board!! :)

oolala53

welcome

Post by oolala53 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:27 am

As it has been said before, it's common for people to have to go at this a few times before it sticks. So, the "off" time is actually part of it. I've been on a roll but who know what will happen later? I do think I'll be able to keep coming back around because it isn't like going back on a diet. Even though I end up eating similar foods to dieting, I'm choosing them myself rather than having them dictated to me. I feel I can choose something else, if I really want. You're so lucky not to have the yoke of sweets to contend with. Good luck with finding your way.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)