OMG food tastes sooo good on No-S without worrying/obsessing

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gettheweightoff

OMG food tastes sooo good on No-S without worrying/obsessing

Post by gettheweightoff » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:31 pm

So in my attempt to stop counting calories, points, carb grams etc. etc. I now decide what I want before my meal and enjoy the meal at hand.

In a mall today and getting rather hungry (5 hours after breakfast) I stopped and got a turkey, cheese and pesto panini sandwich with spinach and tomatoes with a coffee w cream & milk (trying not to have so much cream).

OMG it was soooooooooo delicious to just enjoy it. No guilt about calories etc. It was filling, not huge, not skimpy and I enjoyed every last bit.

I can't remember the last time I just ate to enjoy my meal without worrying, stress, guilt etc.

I LOVE No-S! It is giving me my life back.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:25 am

That's worth everything right there. Welcome to sanity.

exdieter

Post by exdieter » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:13 am

I couldn't agree more! It's just astounding! I keep wondering when the other shoe is gonna drop... After all the years of denial, calorie counting, points, and dieting, could the solution really be this easy??
Slow and steady wins the race.
5"4', mid-thirties female
1/2/11: 157.2
4/4/11: 153.6

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:24 pm

First thing on my way to work every morning would be a stop at the local country store and grab a 44 oz. Coke. I had a can yesterday for the first time in two weeks and it was tasty.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:03 pm

That's what I love about No S. I'm lousy at doing arithmetic in my head, and I hate writing stuff down (writing it down and having to be able to find it again later is even worse), so calorie counting is something I hate doing. Counting calories or points might work for some people, but the thought of it kept me from doing anything about my increasing weight for about eight years.

And everything does taste better without guilt and stress as sides, doesn't it?