Thai Slim

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

Thai Slim

Post by Over43 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:46 am

I went to another doc a few weeks ago to get a second opinion on my nose and throat. Of course his ideas were absolutely opposite of the first doctor. "Your nose and throat aren't causing sleeplessness, you're to big. I measured your neck, it is to fat! You have apnea..."

So he proceeded to tell me I need to lose weight. On his wall was a sign that said "Ask Me About Safe, Effective, Weightloss!"

So I did. He then proceeded to have me sit and watch an 10 minute infomercial on Thai Slim. Basically a network marketing business. Three hundred plus a month! He took a step back when I asked, "How is this different than Slimfast?"

It was strange, a doctor trying to get me to "build the business!"
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:49 pm

That almost sounds like its a violation of some ethics rules. Is this like a multi-level marketing product?

milliem

Post by milliem » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:53 pm

Wow, are they allowed to do that?? Try and sell you weightloss products? Sounds very ethically dodgy to me....

Over43

Post by Over43 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:10 pm

I think the way he approaches it is fine. I "asked" him about it. I live in an area of limited medical choices (Salt Lake is 4 hours away...) so sometimes being mellow is the better part of valor.

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

milliem

Post by milliem » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:52 pm

I dunno, my doctor just told me to eat less.... doesn't cost me anything :)

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:07 pm

I would say don't do it!! I have every bit of confidence that people can lose weight and become healthy without spending a dime. Many times it is lifestyle and habits we have to change. I know so many people that lost tons of weight from surgery, pills, or special diets and only gained back everything. They didn't make lifestyle habit changes.

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:27 pm

Doctors are people too. Some of them are wierd,
and some are worse than ignorant about weight issues.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:48 pm

I'm not going to do it. I just thought it was funny. :lol: