Just found this website - I'm excited!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

anniewantstobeslim

Just found this website - I'm excited!

Post by anniewantstobeslim » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi out there! I have just found this website and I am quite excited about trying it. I have been trying to find a diet for life and I think this could well be it. I am going to give it my best shot. As this is Saturday, I guess I will have to wait to Monday to get started, oh well. Wish me luck on Monday! :D
Last edited by anniewantstobeslim on Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:13 pm

You really don't have to wait until Monday to start. Though weekends are more open to having a special treat it doesn't mean you have to have one. I think you will like the no s diet. Of all the diets I have have ever done this one is the best for sure. You don't need to buy the book of course, but I did and it really is good. It goes into a little more detail about the diet and is full of good facts.

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:41 pm

Welcome and Good Luck! You made a GREAT decision!!
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:21 pm

Welcome. Glad you are here.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:54 pm

You are starting today! In the original version of No S, the mantra says No Snacks, No Sweets, No Seconds except (sometimes) on Days That Start With S.

You can practice the sometimes, if you so desire.

Joyofsix

Post by Joyofsix » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:10 am

Welcome and best of luck. I'm very new but love not thinking about what I'm eating. I think this way of eating gives you more mental room.
Lisa, mom to 7

Linguisticsgirl

Post by Linguisticsgirl » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:30 am

Joyofsix wrote:I'm very new but love not thinking about what I'm eating. I think this way of eating gives you more mental room.
Yes! That is exactly how I feel. I'm also very new, but no s more than anything else is giving me mental freedom, freedom from counting, and bargaining with myself, trade offs and trying to compensate for binges or bad choices. Freedom from that 'oh f*** it I might as well just go for it' feeling after eating something which, on it's own, probably wouldn't do any harm. Freedom from worrying about how long I can keep this up for or how long until I can reasonably take a break from my diet. Freedom freedom freedom.

I don't have a massive amount of weight to lose. I'm about 175lb (don't really weigh myself), and 5'7'', I am naturally quite muscular so I think my natural healthy weight is probably somewhere between 147lb and 154lb and if I can get there eating like this then it can take 2 years for all I care. I would like to think it won't, and I am in the process of rehabing my knees in order to get back to running which should speed the process up, but if it does, it does and I'll be too busy enjoying my food to notice!

anniewantstobeslim

Thanks for the advice

Post by anniewantstobeslim » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:07 pm

Thanks for all your replies, advice and the warm welcome. I haven't bought the book, but I have ordered a fridge magnet and a mug just to remind me and to make a commitment to giving this a good try. I intend to take the mug to work so that if I am offered biscuits, chocs etc by colleagues I can simply point to the mug and let it do the talking!! I must admit, I have enjoyed some guilt free chocolate this weekend. No S day tomorrow, here I come...8)

milliem

Post by milliem » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Welcome to NoS!

Colleague's reactions to NoS can be interesting, mostly I find that I don't have to explain myself I just say 'no thanks'. One of my good friends at work knows all about NoS and she keeps apologising every time she offers me a biscuit or sweet at work when she doesn't remember! I try and tell her it's my responsibility to say no (which I always do) but it's funny that she feels guilty for even suggesting it :)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:51 pm

Welcome! Hope your first "N-days" are going well.

Reinhard

anniewantstobeslim

Thanks Reinhard!

Post by anniewantstobeslim » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:53 pm

Thanks for the welcome! Going well so far, just posted my first check in. Was really nice to get a message from you. :)