odd weaknesses

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

~reneew

odd weaknesses

Post by ~reneew » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:32 pm

I was just wondering if you guys have recurring struggles with an individual food like I do. Right now I'm really having trouble with Pace brand salsa. I had a bit when I was out, and it must not have been enough because now it's haunting me. I've made a run to the store already and now it's locked in my pantry calling my name. I hate it. I can my own salsa, but I like Pace even better than mine. :roll:

Another thing is those packaged Chow mein noodle dinners. The terriaki beef smells incredible and when I smell it, it seems all strength I had shoots out the window. Wouldn't you know Walmart had them half price this week. They wouldn't be so very bad but they smell up my kitchen so bad that an hour after I eat I start craving again. :roll: Sorry for the ramble, I had to vent.

Anybody else want to air their weaknesses? Maybe by calling them out, we'll gain strength over them. :?:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:30 pm

So why not sit down and eat a jar for lunch and one for dinner..I'm serious...I did that with tuna noodle casserole as I truly have a weakness for the stuff.

The other option would be to have more of it next time you go out and then you won't crave it....

Save it for the weekend and enjoy a whole jar!

Salsa is low in calories and very healthy for you...

:)

p.s. ditto for the noodles...breakfast,lunch and dinner and trust me you wont' be craving it anytime soon!
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:51 pm

What's wrong with enjoying a Non-Guilty Pleasure from time to time? Why do we need to "overcome" perfectly good food?

Salsa isn't evil. Is it?

veggirl1964

Post by veggirl1964 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:56 am

I eat salsa with most of my meals!

determined

Post by determined » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:57 am

I used to have a weakness for chips....but I haven't had any in a long time. I don't really even want them on "S" days. I LOVE bagels, and occasionally enjoy them on the weekends, but I have to be careful because I could easily turn into an idiot with them.

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:08 pm

A plate of chips and salsa for lunch and noodles for dinner!!!, Perhaps, not tho healthiest choice but better than a binge.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:08 pm

I don't see either of those as being weaknesses or problematic. Eat as often as you like and enjoy!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Over43

Post by Over43 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:29 am

I wasn't going to post in discussions anymore, anywhere. Well apaprently that is a weakness. Put the Pace on your eggs in the morning. I love those microwaveable noodles myself. Unfortunately for me they aren't to filling.

Sailor Jerry rum is a weakness. And I don't even drink... :roll: Fruit pies, particularly raspberry, choclate chip cookies with milk. (I can eat a whole package...) Coca Cola is an addiction to me.

We all have our weaknesses.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79