is the No S Habical App done?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Kiynwah

is the No S Habical App done?

Post by Kiynwah » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:12 am

Can't wait to download it. 3 years waiting and its almost finally here!!!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:24 pm

If you go to this url on your iphone:

https://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/m

and then "add to home screen"

you'll have essentially what the native app is going to be.

There are still a few missing features, but calendar view seems to work well (I'm using it -- I actually find it easier than the regular web version).

I have had one report of a problem on android that I haven't figured out yet.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if stuff isn't working/driving you crazy. My list right now is:

1. figure out android issue
2. get other views to work (in landscape mode, I think)
3. remember login info longer so you don't have to keep logging in every time

Once I figure these out I'll try to stick it in the app store. The app update process is a little irritating so I don't want to push it there till there are no obvious short term todos.

Reinhard

milliem

Post by milliem » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:20 pm

I'm on android and getting some error messages. My favourite is 'Weird. Unable to Logout' :P (that happened when I tried to log in)

I also got an error message when I tried to add a new habit but it's too long to type out, and actually changing the colours of days didn't work (they just went blank)

I really like the way the calendar looks though, hopefully the android bugs can be ironed out!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:30 pm

Thanks for letting me know, millem.

This is helpful... I'll let you know when I have it figured out.

Do you know what version of android you are running?

It seems to work fine in my android emulator, but there are zillion different flavors of android and I'm probably testing a different one. I wonder if maybe it has something to do with the (cheap) ssl certificate I am using not being trusted by some android providers...

Reinhard

milliem

Post by milliem » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:19 pm

It's android version 2.2.2

Mander

Post by Mander » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:25 am

Just thought I'd let you know that I tried out the webapp yesterday, and it doesn't seem to quite work on my phone (Android 2.3.3). I can't seem to get the drop-down box to change tags to work.

herd_o_turtles

Post by herd_o_turtles » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:49 pm

Ditto to what Mander said. I can only look at the habitcal for the first tag. (Android 2.3.4 for me)

Looks lovely otherwise, though -- thanks for all the hard work! :)

Mander

Post by Mander » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:27 am

Oddly, though, I managed to get it to work the other day, but only once. Perhaps it's something to do with the size of the area that you touch to activate the drop-down list?

herd_o_turtles

Post by herd_o_turtles » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:33 pm

In my case, it may also have something to do with my stubby fingers... :)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:12 am

Thanks for the bug reports!

Sorry for the android glitches and that I haven't been able to make time to dive into this yet. Soon! (I'll make fixing these a habitcal-able habit again starting tomorrow -- that worked well in December for getting the first ios functional version out).

Reinhard

glassesgirl79

No S Diet App

Post by glassesgirl79 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:07 am

Hi:
I followed the directions you posted earlier and installed the no s calender on my iphone 4s and I like it so far. I can't wait for the no s app to be available in the itunes store. My only suggestion would be to make it so that the app can save my username and password so I won't have to type in in everytime I log on to the calendar.

12/17/12
When I tried to log in to the app, it won't let me even though my username and password are correct. I think I'll keep using my paper calendar as a backup until the app is fully ready to go :cry:

12/19/12
Tried using the app today and all is working fine!
Last edited by glassesgirl79 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fall down seven times, get up eight.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Hi glassesgirl,

This is on the iphone? I haven't changed anything in a while and it seems to be working OK for me. Maybe worth trying again when you get a chance?

Reinhard