I'm back, and I'm excited!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

xJocelynx87

I'm back, and I'm excited!

Post by xJocelynx87 » Sun May 06, 2012 9:03 pm

Many of you know my story. I lost some weight on No-S several years ago, and went on to lose about 35lbs total after shifting to my own plan of two meals + dessert each day. This plan, coupled with no formal exercise but alot of daily activity, eventually got me down to 135 on a 5'8 frame, which is pretty light for me. I was also hungry ALOT, which led to occasional binging, but I was happy for the most part because I got to enjoy my two meals per day, and got to eat dessert every night (my real weakness). Lately though, this plan is failing me, and I've found myself overeating or eating emotionally, and putting on a few pounds. I now weigh about 142. Not heavy by any means, but heavier than I'm comfortable with. I actually think I'd look great around 130, but not at the expense of my health or sanity.

This is where No-S comes in. Although the weight is gone, I still don't feel "at peace" with food, and definitely use it as a crutch more than I should. Even when I was dropping weight consistently, it still played too big of a role in my life. That's to be expected, as I'm training to become a Registered Dietitian, but I'm hoping that re-starting No-S brings more of a balance to my life and forces me to face my emotions as well as explore other hobbies outside of food. My background provides a nice foundation for implementing No-S; it's the sweets that I will surely have trouble with, but they've become too commonplace, and I'm looking forward to relishing them even more on S-Days, and leaving the guilt associated with them behind.

Tomorrow begins my 21-Day Challenge on Vanilla No-S, and I'm actually very excited! I'm looking at this as a new chapter, one where I accept my new weight, where ever it may fall, and finally start living the healthy life that I'll discuss with future clients of mine. I'm only 24, and my weight has been at the forefront of my mind, actions, and life for too long, regardless of what I weighed. It's time for a change.

See you all around the boards!

Jocelyn

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun May 06, 2012 10:26 pm

Welcome back!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Mon May 07, 2012 12:10 am

Welcome back.
I definitely think No S is a fantastic way to reach sanity with food again.
I think we all have the same goal to not USE food like a drug but to instead just make it commonplace again.
Good luck this week.
Liz
Liz