giving myself a challenge....

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

nrd10124

giving myself a challenge....

Post by nrd10124 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:10 pm

Started No S eating yesterday after MANY, MANY years of visiting site and skirting around the issue. No more tip toeing....I am committed.

I hope to report back to the 21 Club on April 30th that my first 21 days were a success with many more to come!

Until then....looking forward.
Living Life in Gratitude...

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:13 pm

I hope to greet you at the door of the 21 Club.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:15 pm

give it your all! :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

nrd10124

Post by nrd10124 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:00 pm

Thank you for the encouragement! I need it, want it and am thankful for it!
Living Life in Gratitude...