Carries check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

clmiller0782

Carries check in

Post by clmiller0782 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Hi all! New. To the no s diet.... But it seems like its worth a shot. I mean I've tried every other diet out there so why not try this! First day was dreadful in terms on staying to the rules. Today was much better.

Plate 1: chobani yogurt with bear naked oats and blueberries granola
Low fat cottage cheese

Plate 2: ground turkey, red peppers, onion, and mushrooms

Plate 3: 2 chicken sausages (80 cal each), 2 eggs, cup of tea

Exercise: 1 hour class at the YMCA. Also 1 hour of cardio/weight training.

Just curious if anyone out there has any suggestions about kick starting weight loss. I know that calorie counting isn't part of this diet, but I do stick to 1300-1500 daily.... As I have health issues that make weight loss difficult for me. Also exercising 30-60 min 5 days a week... Sometimes doing 2 hours like tues and fri when I have classes at the YMCA. I have been doing this for 6 months now with NO results. Not a single pound lost. No inches lost either. Tried everything!! I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this? Thanks!!
Carrie
No S beginning weight 181

clmiller0782

Day 3

Post by clmiller0782 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:01 pm

So day 3, which is an S day... Starting out great! Got to sleep in, and so far I have had

Plate 1: Bobs mill gluten free old fashioned oatmeal 3/4 cup with walnuts and brown sugar

Plate 2: turkey lunch meat 6 slices with Part skim mozzarella cheese, 2oz chicken breast suffed with green chiles and cheddar cheese.

Exercise: 30 min elliptical and 30 min stair master
Will update later
Last edited by clmiller0782 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Carrie

milliem

Post by milliem » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:22 pm

Welcome to NoS :) Most people who do check ins don't calorie count (I think) but there's nothing to stop you combining that with NoS! I think the idea is that you don't need to count if you can easily see what's on your plate three times a day as eventually you will move towards healthy, fulfilling foods on those three plates.

Unfortunately I can't offer any suggestions for not losing weight on a restricted diet :( I have seen other cases where for medical reasons, weight just will not shift though, it's not just you. I know one of the best things about NoS for me is that even if the weight isn't dropping off, I'm maintaining - and I'd rather that than see my weight creep up year on year!

Hope you have a good weekend :)

clmiller0782

Post by clmiller0782 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:34 pm

milliem wrote:Welcome to NoS :) Most people who do check ins don't calorie count (I think) but there's nothing to stop you combining that with NoS! I think the idea is that you don't need to count if you can easily see what's on your plate three times a day as eventually you will move towards healthy, fulfilling foods on those three plates.

Unfortunately I can't offer any suggestions for not losing weight on a restricted diet :( I have seen other cases where for medical reasons, weight just will not shift though, it's not just you. I know one of the best things about NoS for me is that even if the weight isn't dropping off, I'm maintaining - and I'd rather that than see my weight creep up year on year!

Hope you have a good weekend :)
Thanks for your response! I appreciate it. Yeah, I just don't know honestly what my body's problem is with dropping weight! It's just stuck. I think I've hit my body's "set point".... Not sure how to break through to get past it though.

Anyhow.... As long as I'm healthy I guess that's what matters!!
Carrie

milliem

Post by milliem » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:13 am

Exactly, if you are eating healthily and exercising that's good for you no matter what the scale says!

clmiller0782

Day 4

Post by clmiller0782 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:11 pm

Another S day... So here goes

Plate 1: tea with honey and almond milk
Plate 2: half avocado, 3.5 oz chicken breast, and 1 cup pistachio salad
Plate 3: 1.5 cup Mexican chili (ground chicken, chili beans, black beans, taco seasoning, chili peppers, and mozzarella cheese)

Snacks: about 8 tortilla chips, 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese, more pistachio salad after dinner -- yummy!! :lol:
Carrie