prayers and positive thoughts

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
mommashell

prayers and positive thoughts

Post by mommashell » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:20 pm

I appreciate that some may not agree with a belief in God so I have to start by saying that I hope not to offend anyone here. But I am asking for prayers and/or positive thoughts for my grandfather. He is very sick. mom told me this morning that they think this is it for him. She's on a plane as we speak to fly down there. Down there being Texas. I should clarify. He's had Cancer for a while and dementia. He's been sick but not "at death's door." Even mowed the lawn in May. But now all of a sudden, he's gotten sick since yesterday. Like one day he was fine (for him) and the next very sick. So I am worried about him but at the same time I kind of think that if the lord calls him home it will be the very best thing as his troubled mind can rest and his body won't hurt any more. He will also be with my grandmother in heaven. So i'm really praying that he will have peace one way or the other. I mean, I hate losing him and all that, but at the same time, he can't go on like this, suffering and hurting. So please please pray for him and if you don't believe in prayer, please send positive thoughts. If you would like to know more about being a Christian or how you can be one, send a pm. I figured I'd cover all the bases. *grin* Also send prayers and positive thoughts to my sister who is battling with an addiction. As some of you know addictions can be very hard to overcome especially when they aren't the easy ones like food. So anyway, please take care everyone.
Shell

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:50 pm

Hi Shell, I didn't see this till today.
So sorry about your Grandfather, and I will pray for him to feel better and at peace.
Cancer is such a horrible disease when it accelerates. I am sorry for his and your family's pain right now, and sympathize with you.
My Dad is in a hospital now too, for heart problems. It's very upsetting.
Sending loving thoughts your way :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

mommashell

Post by mommashell » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:11 pm

Hi Deb, thanks for replying. Obviously I'm finding ways to procrastinate. My grandfather died a week ago today at 12:10 PM. He died very peacefully with my mom and aunt at his side. The funeral was beautiful. It was a graveside service and so it was nice to have it outside. Mom was presented with the flag and that was also cool. I'm going to miss him, but I know he's happy with his true love again. I overheard mom telling my sister that right before he died he was moving his lips like he was giving a kiss. She thought that he must be seeing Nenaw on the other side. (Nenaw is what I called my grandma. He is at peace now. I allowed myself a week to grieve, *eat anything I wanted* but now I have made a decision that I'm going to be back on program today. I haven't dared to weigh myself. As for the 21 straight days of no S I've ditched that plan for the time-being. I figured that if my grandfather dying could mess me up, then anything was liable to do that. So for now I have dcecided to keep the S days. Shell
gratefuldeb67 wrote:Hi Shell, I didn't see this till today.
So sorry about your Grandfather, and I will pray for him to feel better and at peace.
Cancer is such a horrible disease when it accelerates. I am sorry for his and your family's pain right now, and sympathize with you.
My Dad is in a hospital now too, for heart problems. It's very upsetting.
Sending loving thoughts your way :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
:(

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:38 pm

Sorry to hear about this, mommashell. My thoughts are with you. Best to you and your Dad, too, Deb.

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:15 pm

Thanks Reinhard!
So sorry Shell.
That's sad...

My deepest condolences and I hope he finds peace and rest.

Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

mommashell

Thanks to all

Post by mommashell » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:32 am

gratefuldeb67 wrote:Thanks Reinhard!
So sorry Shell.
That's sad...

My deepest condolences and I hope he finds peace and rest.

Love,
8) Deb
Hi everyone. Thaknks for the prayers. Just to clarify, my grandfather died on Thursday June 29th shortly after noon. Cooincidently he died on my original due date. What are the odds right? My grandmother died on August 27th. 21 days after my grandfather's birthday. There's a history of sevens in our family. But I'm too tired to explain it all. Kaeli was born in room number seven. Melissa was born on the 27th of november. I was born on the seventh of April, there were seven girls and seven boys born on that day. I was in isolet number seven. Michelle is the seventh song on Rubber soul. What can I say my mom is a huge beatles fan and I am too. So she named me for a beatles song. Well, that pretty much explained it anyway. I almost forgot to mention in the other post that I have a pair of bluegeen shorts that are pretty old that still don't fit perfectly but I can actually wear them now. So I must be losing inches too.