The Femivore's Dilemma

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
wosnes

The Femivore's Dilemma

Post by wosnes » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:03 pm

I read this article in The New York Times today and it reminded me of the comments here about The Keeper of the Keys.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:59 am

I'm sorta in this camp. We are looking at slowly adding some permaculture features to our lot, though I don't know if we will ever be mostly self sustaining when it comes to food. Like, for example, we need a new roof and I am advocating for a steel one for potential rainwater collection for irrigation of the garden. Which is currently very small but we have plans to increase it.

I don't think I could ever be a radical homemaker, even though I am contemplating chickens. I use some convenience foods like lunch meats and canned tomatoes and brick cheese (making my own is not on my radar). And even though I try to minimize my driving (some months better than others), I appreciate the convenience of having a car.