Beginning Week 4

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

unfoolishone

Beginning Week 4

Post by unfoolishone » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Ok, so I am newer to the No S Diet. I love it. It is still difficult for me but totally doable. So I am starting Week 5. THe first two weeks I did fine. I lost 1.8 lbs & then 1.2 lbs. THe 3 rd week I maintained. The 4th week I fell off the wagon and gained 0.2 lbs.

So now begins week 5. I already had something sweet on Tues. but I am determined to get back on track today. I would like to "make up" for taking a sweet day early by only giving myself 1 sweet day this weekend but I will see how it goes. I was doing the c25K but injured my right knee pretty badly. I have to go to an orthopedic dr. on Monday :( So I know it is really important for me to follow the No S diet since my exercise that I normally do 4-5 days a week will be on hold. I plan to continue to do abs and possibly some upper body work. Even walking hurts right now. I really like the idea of me having to say SUCCESS or FAILURE each day. 221.8 lbs as of Sunday (my weigh day).
I am determined to be the best me!

eschano

Post by eschano » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:31 pm

Welcome!

As for "making up" for anything - I strongly advise against it. Check out Reinhard's podcast on Strictness for more guidance http://everydaysystems.com/podcast/episode.php?id=13

Yay week 5!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi, unfoolishone, and welcome!
Thanks for sharing your journey so far. My unsolicited advice would be to enjoy your S days this weekend. Get used to the habit over time before making up for red days, which in the future you might make a deliberate "trade", but try to avoid it becoming a kind of punishment. By and large most of us go through many ups and downs while developing the habits, and even then there can be slip-ups. I'm just back after a disorganized spring-early summer, and am looking forward to the return of sanity!
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

unfoolishone

Feels good to be welcomed

Post by unfoolishone » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:36 pm

Thank you osaniye and eschano for the advice. I will follow it :)
I am determined to be the best me!

aspencer27

Post by aspencer27 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:18 pm

Unfoolishone, how is August going? Hopefully you're back on track, but if not, no worries - you can't undo it now - mark it and move on! Good luck!