finallyfree from food obsession (4 months, -14 pounds)

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

reinhard
Site Admin

finallyfree from food obsession (4 months, -14 pounds)

Post by reinhard » Mon May 04, 2009 2:45 pm

(Reinhard here: finallyfree asked me to move her testimonial here from another thread)

finallyfree writes:
After four months, I am 14 pounds down and counting!
I am a 49-year old 5'4" female who has struggled with weight issues since high school. Back then, thanks to the media, I thought I was overweight at 115 pounds! Over the years, through two pregnancies, I've gone up and down on MANY diets, all with one thing in common: obsession with eating. What should I eat, when, where, how much?? AM I hungry? Am I just bored? Why do I think about food so much? And on and on.

Not any more. No S Diet has literally freed me from all that. Eating (or not eating) is no longer my primary occupation. 14 pounds from a starting weight of 168 doesn't sound like much, but losing it on NoS has been so rewarding and easy. THANK YOU, Reinhard!

Today is Saturday, I have a party tonight, and I will eat like a normal healthy person, whatever is served, plus maybe a small dessert. And I will probably still be satisfied with the scale on Monday.
14 pounds... not a lot, but this is the sanest diet I've ever done.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon May 04, 2009 2:46 pm

Finallyfree,

I think 14 pounds in 4 months sounds pretty great -- congratulations and thank you for letting us know!

And this makes me even happier to read:
Quote:
.... obsession with eating. ... No S Diet has literally freed me from all that. Eating (or not eating) is no longer my primary occupation.

Reinhard