My first check in!

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Kneady

My first check in!

Post by Kneady » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:23 am

Hello! I'm Annie, and I've just hit the 20 lb. mark after 6 months of No Sing :D (although the enthusiastic Happy Dance I did after my monthly scale check may have knocked a few extra pounds off!)

The majority of my family is heavy and, at this point, they're sick and tired of hearing about all of the different diets and plans. But this past Christmas, everyone noticed (and mentioned) that I was slimmer. Considering that I work in food service, my weight loss was especially surprising to them. When I explained the wonderful simplicity of the No S Diet, one of my aunts said, very loudly, "Women in this family don't lose weight unless they're walking down an aisle!" So even though I was cleared to eat dessert that day, I spent the entire time convincing everyone that 1. this diet is legitimate, healthy, and effective, and 2. that my boyfriend and I weren't planning a secret wedding any time soon.

For 2011, I plan on sticking to the diet and increasing the amount of daily exercise to optimize my weight loss. I look forward to this new year and can't wait to check in for 2012. Good luck to all of you, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
"Nothing tastes as good as being healthy FEELS."

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:15 am

What a great post! Congrats on your weight loss!

And congrats on successfully (?) convincing the extended family that wedding plans weren't in the works (I lol'd at that part!).

gettheweightoff

Post by gettheweightoff » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:03 am

I love your story! Congrats. Looking forward to your next post!

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:04 pm

Congratulations, Kneady. Wonderful!
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Congratulations, Kneady!

That's an impressive feat it its own right, but especially given your line of work and the family "curse." :-)

Reinhard