sTARTED TODAY!

Post here if you want to just mess around and see how this board works.
Josie

sTARTED TODAY!

Post by Josie » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:11 am

I started today and am very heavy so I have a rough and long road ahead! I look forward to forming friendships as I go and hope I can fix the time of this board..It is 12:05 am on 11-29-05. :?:
This first day was easy but I ate like a produce stand of veggies tonight! :shock:
No snacks means I am going to bed with a growling tummy..are you sure I can't snitch even a celery stick or five dozen of them! LOL!
WORK HARD, PLAY HARDER!

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:03 am

Hi Josie,

welcome to NoS.
try changing your time zone in your profile. Then it will show the right time for you whenever you're logged in. Of course, if you're not logged in it will always show the standard time.

Hope that helps.
C.
CaroleJo

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:08 am

Oh, on Celery sticks and snatching them -

it's true that Celery is a negative calorie foodstuff. by that I mean it actually takes more energy to process it through the digestive system than you get from eating it. That said, the biggest part of NoS is psychological and I think it's pretty important to decide what your rules are at the outset and stick to them. Nobody here will excommunicate you if you modify the structure a litte. For example, I allow myself up to 2 portions of hard fruit or raw veg as 'officially sanctioned snack' if I feel I need it during the day. These days I hardly ever eat it - I eat the fruit as part of my meals instead - but it was a big help in the early days when I was battling with some pretty heavy sugar cravings.

You should decide for yourself exactly where the boundries are and then stick to them as much as possible. NoS is about making a sustainable change to your long term eating habits, so there's no quick fixes here. It's a hare and tortoise thing - slow and steady wins the race in the end.

Best of luck. I'm sure you'll do fine though.

C.
CaroleJo

Josie

Post by Josie » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:00 pm

Thanks.... I did NOT eat the celery last night...I just drooled over it! I worked out on my treadmill this morning..20 minutes.. my legs are jelly! LOL!
I wish I could have a miracle in one day but I am up to the challenge! I work 2- 10 pm in a very structured environment and my biggest challenge is my meal times at work are different everyday, depending on my position. I am starved when I get off work at 10 pm, so have made that the time to have my last meal.
Thanks for saying hi... Please, keep in touch!
Josie
WORK HARD, PLAY HARDER!

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:31 pm

Hi Josie,

perhaps you could set up a daily checkin and let us know how you're doing? Up to you, of course! I find it really helpful and interesting to look back and see how much has changed, but some other people don't find it as useful.

C.
CaroleJo

Josie

Post by Josie » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:27 pm

I feel great.. day three here I come!! Feel the late meal is working for me. I have to admit to using Splenda on some products but think that will taper off as I go. This is doable and it is helping! I haven't felt inspired to do shoveglove yet, but the treadmill is dusted off and in use the last two days! Already looking forward to my next meal, though! LOL!
Thinking of investing in a scale but am using the starting weight from Weight Watchers a week ago ... that plan did NOT work for me!
Gotta go to work! UGH!
Josie
WORK HARD, PLAY HARDER!

iffo

Post by iffo » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:37 am

Hi every one . One week done and I am loving it.

Karma rex

Just starting out

Post by Karma rex » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:35 am

I started on Monday and so far it is going pretty good. I am hungry between meals but that is ok. I am going to do the 21 days then weigh in. Hopefully a couple of pounds will be gone!