14-Mins Workout - Tabata Interval

Which movements do you do? How many reps? In what order? When? Do you mix in other non-shovelglove moves? Post here or browse to get ideas.
Xodiac

14-Mins Workout - Tabata Interval

Post by Xodiac » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:39 am

Hi, everyone!

I'd like to share this information to you all regarding with this intense workout routine. I'm planning to do this workout 3x per week because its so intense. As of this writing, it's still my first week.

Introducing the Tabata Interval. If you want more information, you can visit this website: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... i_n6011850. Basically, you will perform an exercise as fast as you can for 20 seconds and rest for 10 seconds. Repeat this routine for 8 sets. All in all, you will have 4-mins of gruelling workout.

Here's my routine:

5 minutes: Warm-up

4 minutes Tabata Interval
* 20 seconds Chop (right side)
* rest 10 seconds
* Repeat 8x; Alternate right and left

5 minutes: Cool Down

Remember: The key is to have as many reps as you can in 20 seconds

Note: Tabata Interval is not for beginners. Try to go slow at first, try to feel the intensity.

Happy Swingin'

sgtrock

Post by sgtrock » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:43 pm

Yes Tabata is brutal. You can do it with most anything --- hammering, burpees, dumbbell thrusters, jump rope, running, etc. Due to a foot injury I typically confine Tabata to stationary bike riding, as that gives me a killer cardio workout.

From everything I've read though, Tabata is so intense it should only really be done once or twice a month, rather than multiple times a week. That said, I can probably handle it once a week, but that also makes me wonder if I'm doing it intensely enough. Once I did it full-out and my legs felt like rubber for almost five days after...
"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." -- Confucius, an early Everyday Systems pioneer

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:20 pm

Thanks for posting this, and sorry it's taken me forever to give my 2 cents.

Tabata sounds a little too extreme for my taste, but tastes vary (and change).

Maybe I'll give it a try when I have nothing particularly pressing to do for a week or so to recover :-)

Reinhard

rbergstr

progress?

Post by rbergstr » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:10 pm

Just wondering what progress you've made with the Tabata chops? Body composition change?
Reach your goals tomorrow, work for them today.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:40 am

So I tried Eight Tabata intervals Churning Butter. I had to stop after the sixth because I had opened up a blister on the inside of my thumb. This might speak more to the fact that I need to toughen my hands up, but the little workout I accomplished was definetly more intense than anything I've ever done before. Lets see how I feel in the morning!

danialpaul1

Post by danialpaul1 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:08 pm

I hope you will feel good in morning, wish you happy every new morning !!
danial paul

ali123

Post by ali123 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:55 am

nice post---------+++++

alessiomarkz

Post by alessiomarkz » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:05 pm

danialpaul1 wrote:I hope you will feel good in morning, wish you happy every new morning !! It is not making the entire cast because of that topics see full extenze reviews here
How you can burn those efforts which are not taking place directly or indirectly :oops: :oops: