Gym Boss Timer

Which movements do you do? How many reps? In what order? When? Do you mix in other non-shovelglove moves? Post here or browse to get ideas.
tonez323

Gym Boss Timer

Post by tonez323 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:12 pm

I got the gym boss timer and started back up today after prolly 6 months doing other routines and about a month of nothing.

I set the timer to buzz every 30 seconds and it counts rounds. after 2 30 sec intervals that's one round...i made it 8 round before just switching up to jogging in place 30 and rest 30. I just do one exercise for 30 seconds, then switch sides or exercises and just do that for 14 rounds.

I got at least 20 reps on all exercises and some 31...churn butters.

if you don't like counting reps it's the way to go...just go for 14 rounds and ur good.

I decided to do some shovelglove again because last week I did lawn work and couldn't believe how much my muscles burned for the whole hour and a half i was raking picking leaves. I remember last year when I did it I got in done right away and felt good.

Since snow season is coming up I had to get back into shovel glove so I can have my sidewalk done just as fast as the snowblower folk.

sporkfancier

Post by sporkfancier » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:58 pm

And don't forget butter churning season!

I'm intrigued by this idea, because I do like the notion of just doing the movements and not worrying about couting--seems like a more natural way of doing shovelglove. Great idea!
Shovel glove? Isn't that the size of prophylactic I use?

zenboar

Post by zenboar » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:10 am

If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, there's an app called the "Kettlebell Swing Timer" that lets you set a timer in much the same way. The only down side is it will shut off if you exit the app, so if your iWhatever is also your music player you'll need to make sure your playlist is not one you want to sometimes skip a track that isn't suiting your mood.