One week in! An introduction.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mamamia

One week in! An introduction.

Post by mamamia » Sun May 29, 2011 11:01 am

Two weeks ago I was so disgusted with myself I had decided to go back to low-carbing it. I lost 15 pounds a few years ago on South Beach but of course gained back 25 over the course of the last few years! I started trolling the internet for inspiration and found this site and this 'diet'. A light went on over my head and angels sang!! DUH is right! I started right away - on an S day haha. Had a perfect week of N days and by Friday of this past week I felt great! I hadn't lost much of anything, but that bloated, out of control feeling was gone! I'm all in now!! I love that this is a diet I don't have to obsess over, although I have spent a lot of time reading this forum and even downloaded the book (mostly to say thank you to Reinhard!) It amazes me that I can actually go from lunch to dinner without 'having' to snack! In fact, my whole perception of snacking has completely changed! I went grocery shopping with my husband yesterday and was blown away by the amount of food in the grocery store that is specificallly made for snacking! It was downright shocking! I feel like my eyes have been opened. I look around the internet at discussions about whether to snack or not snack and am flabbergasted at how passionate people are about keeping their snacks! Thank you, thank you, thank you Reinhold for sharing your ideas with us! I think you have made very clear and understandable what most of us knew deep down in our hearts anyway but just needed someone to spell it out for us!

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Sun May 29, 2011 1:41 pm

Welcome aboard! It sounds like you're off to a great start.

mamamia

Post by mamamia » Sun May 29, 2011 2:42 pm

thanks Dave! Oops, just reread my post and notice I called Reinhard 'Reinhold' - sorry about that! Just finished preparing for a Memorial Day BBQ and enjoying it rather than worrying about it! It's such a feeling of freedom! Although, I can see why some have said it's almost a relief when Monday comes along because after some sweets this weekend I have felt a little sick....

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue May 31, 2011 1:28 pm

Welcome, mamamia!

(And don't worry about the Reinhold, if it starts with an R and ends with a consonant, I repspond to it. I've been called a lot of strange things in my day, my favorite is "Reinbread.")

I too am stunned by people's attachment (addiction?) to snacking.

Seconds no one seems to have strong feeling about. Sugar there's a line around the block to bash (though that doesn't seem to have reduced our consumption any). But snacks everyone, from the finger wagging diet guru to the flopped out prodigal on the couch, is in love with.

Reinhard

mamamia

Post by mamamia » Tue May 31, 2011 8:40 pm

Interestingly, at first I thought no sweets would be the one I would find hard to do. I had totally bought into the 'sugar addict' thing. But surprisingly, it hasn't been a problem! It's snacking that I miss! But so far so good...

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:17 pm

mamamia wrote: It's snacking that I miss! But so far so good...
mamamia, I look forward to your future posts.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com