Is this fairly normal

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ginmarie

Is this fairly normal

Post by ginmarie » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:58 pm

This 3rd week has been much more of a struggle than the first 2. I started on a Thursday, so I've actually had a 3 weekends and a holiday to practice with and honestly even last week with a lot of grazing on Memorial Day was not as hard. For some reason this week the craving for sweets has become intense.
What's weird is, I've never been a big sweet eater. When given the choose of sweet or salty/savory for snacks I almost always go for salty.

So why am I slogging through mud this week to not give in to having sweets?
I wonder if what I ate on this last weekend effected me more than how much I did have more sweets than normal. Could I have set myself up for sugar cravings this week?

Onward ever onward
05/14/11 - 165 lbs
05/01/12 - 142 lbs
No S Lifestyle For Keeps :)

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:13 pm

You're in the "tough part"... when the novelty has worn off but habit isn't yet formed. You've passed the honeymoon period.

Stick with it. It gets easier.

I recommend the "Strictness" podcast for inspiration.

Best...

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:41 pm

Maybe it's an extinction burst:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic ... tion+burst

This is basically your inner animal making a last-ditch effort to get the reward of sweet food, or, if you prefer, your inner toddler throwing a tantrum over not getting candy. As a human, you're pretty much hard-wired to seek out sweet, salty, and fatty foods.

When this happens, remember, it is basically a temper tantrum, and the worst thing you can do in response to a temper tantrum is give in. Any parent will tell you that giving in to a tantrum is asking for more tantrums in the future.