New to No S

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Matymus Prime

New to No S

Post by Matymus Prime » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:34 pm

Hi guys,

My name's Matt, and I'm a fatty. A recovering dieter, if you will. I'll spare you all the details, but I've been fighting my weight issues for many years. I'm 35, married w/ 3 small children. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I've tried so many different diet plans over the years. You know the routine. More than anything, I desperately need to learn moderation, yet with the freedom of food choices. I can't have complete freedom; otherwise, I go crazy.

Enter No S.

I'm excited about how simple it is; but scared to death about how hard it will be to change a lifetime's worth of bad habits and changing the 'dieting' mentality. I definitely need people along the journey to offer support, and more importantly, that extra kick in the pants when necessary. I could seriously go for accountability with those who are on this same life change. This is how I view it--not a diet...a life change. I'm sick of me.

Anybody else feel that way?

God Bless,

Matymus

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:56 pm

Welcome. You will get a lot of input here. Take what works for you and leave the rest.

I love No S. I follow the basic rules with no modifications. This is known as Vanilla No S, and it works well for me.

Best of luck!
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

Clarica

Post by Clarica » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:48 pm

I get a 'deadline' mentality when the word accountable comes up. I'm either doing something for myself, or I'm doing it for someone else. Both is ok, but unless I am getting paid, I do not like a deadline.

Between now and later I am inclined to choose later! I'm trying to choose now.

And there is plenty of encouragement here. Anytime and any way you falter. Most of us have done it and may still be doing it! So we totally understand. :)
Looking for intelligent daily defaults of all kinds.
http://claricaandthequestion.blogspot.com/

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:29 am

Welcome Matt!

You will do just fine. Focus on vanilla No S, one day at a time. Set up a habitcal and/or a daily check in thread for accountability. Expect to not be perfect. That's ok. You are going to eat this way the rest of your life. Expect to be hungry between meals. That's ok too. It does get easier.

Keep telling yourself that you are doing something good for yourself and your children.

Keep us posted.

Ani33

Post by Ani33 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:53 am

Hello!

Im new too, this is my second week and Im very like you, sick of me and sick of dieting and getting nowhere. No S is my answer Ive decided, im 100 % comitted and I dont care how long it takes to get to goal, learning to enjoy food and moderation seems more important right now. It was hard yesterday getting back into it after the S days but I did and Im sure it will get easier as the habits gel.

Good Luck!!!

laketrash

Post by laketrash » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:47 pm

Matymus - WELCOME! I'm a newbie No-Ser too. I wonder if you might benefit most by taking one S at a time, mostly to prove to yourself that Yes, You Can Do It. Maybe take the one S that "scares" you the most, and kick it out of your food plan for one week, then maybe the next S, and so on. Just a thought. Obviously, you should listen to the No-Sers that have been around awhile. They should know best how to go from desperation to hope. I do think you have the right idea though. You are making a life change, not just going on another diet!