Back at it..

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NoSnacker

Back at it..

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:12 pm

When I started No S back in June of 2011 and kept it up for a few months..I maintained my weight which was great, was feeling positive and was not binging. The euphoria started to wane, then my old habits started to creep in..most the mental stuff of binging and self-bashing...So the more I bashed the more the red came...to the point of me quitting..that was November...

I tried going back to counting calories only to see that after my normal 1,500 range my binges brought that up to at times 3,500 calories a day...mmmm could explain the 15lbs+ weight gain...

Counting does not work, even if shameful numbers appear..

So humbly I return to No S in hopes of finding a balance with my food, but work on my emotional issues and their relation to food.

This time around, I don't plan on being proud of myself..but rather, stay humble and stay focused.

No S surely makes the best sense to me..., the less stressful of all other plans/diets out there...a way of life that is attainable...
Last edited by NoSnacker on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:11 pm

Welcome back.
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Welcome back! Simply do it... and it will prove itself.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:46 pm

Everyone has times of non-compliance. You haven't left, you just have had a really long string of red days.

If I were to rate my compliance this winter on a scale of 1 - 10 with 1 being completely off plan and 10 being the Green Queen, I would give myself about a 5. Maybe a 6.

But I am taking the long view. I really don't know what happens to my ability to stay on task during the winter. I am wondering if there are seasonal variations to compliance where No S is really easy for me in the summer and more challenging in the winter. I don't know. I have to go through a few cycles and see.
Last edited by Blithe Morning on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:57 pm

So happy to see you, I am back too. Had a rough year so far, and it looks like it might not get any easier soon. Time to dig in and get some kind of schedule and normalcy going.