New here and wondering...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

grothkat1090

New here and wondering...

Post by grothkat1090 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:27 am

Hi,

I have experimented with No S before and had some short lived results but always combined with weight watchers as that is what used to work for me and always ended up justifying breaking No S because I was counting points. Well now I am at my heaviest and want to really give No S shot to overcome binge eating disorder/emotional eating and to lose weight. I have seen some people post about having a between meal beverage on their N Days such as milk or a mocha. Is a mocha considered a sweet? Does anyone else have a go to beverage between meals?

eschano

Post by eschano » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:07 am

Hi grothkat,

Welcome! :D

I don't think there's anything wrong with drinks in between meals. Somewhere Reinhard said that sugar in your coffee isn't a big deal at the beginning as you should focus on all the other, bigger culprits first. As long as you don't go and start putting spoonfuls of sugar into the coffee to make it a sweet.

Personally, I don't have sugary or milky drinks in between meals though. I have a morning coffee with breakfast. Even as a major sugar addict I never enjoyed sugar in coffee or tea so I'm lucky that way. I used to have a black coffee with my lunch too but lately I don't want it that much. No drinks other than water in between meals and the occasional glass of wine with dinner.

What I drink after dinner though is herbal tea (unsweetened but again that's just my taste preference). Drinking tea relaxes me, fills up my belly with something warm and gives me something to do. I consider it my secret weapon to stave off the night munchies.

Hope that answers your question.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:12 am

Technically, coffee, tea, water, milk and juices are okay between meals. If your mocha isn't sweet enough for you to consider it a sweet or dessert, it's okay for you to have.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:17 am

I've used mocha with stevia (mostly) as the sweetener for 31 months. I might be thinner if I didn't, but I'm not going to find out soon.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:38 am

oolala53 wrote:I might be thinner if I didn't, but I'm not going to find out soon.
:lol: Brilliant! Love it. I feel the same about sticking with my morning coffees (I'd like to eliminate caffeine but won't find out soon neither - decaf just isn't the same)
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021