Love the site. Love the idea.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mastermesh

Love the site. Love the idea.

Post by mastermesh » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:37 am

Love the site. Love the idea. Just came across it the last couple of days. Going to try this No S thing out. Also the shovel glove sounds like a neat idea. I probably won't start that shovel glove thing for a month or two though because I'm on another workout system at the moment. (day 59 of the Power 90 but I'm on a temporary leave of absence from that workout plan til at least this weekend.. darn kitchen knives)...

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:55 am

Welcome! NoS is great and haven't gotten around shovelglove yet but will do soon as well. Have fun :)
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

Jethro

Re: Love the site. Love the idea.

Post by Jethro » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:12 pm

mastermesh wrote:Love the site. Love the idea. Just came across it the last couple of days. Going to try this No S thing out. Also the shovel glove sounds like a neat idea. I probably won't start that shovel glove thing for a month or two though because I'm on another workout system at the moment. (day 59 of the Power 90 but I'm on a temporary leave of absence from that workout plan til at least this weekend.. darn kitchen knives)...
Welcome! You'll find that you can incorporate other systems such as Power 90 into NOS.

I hope you heal soon!
"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."
- Vince Lombardi

Sometimes you need to take one step back for every two steps forward.

Time heals everything!

90% of a diet is 60% mental

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:36 pm

Welcome to sane and delighted eating.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Welcome and thanks for the kind words! Hope No-s does the trick for you.

mastermesh

Post by mastermesh » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:04 pm

The last couple of days after the week with no workouts were kinda wacky since it was very difficult to want to get up and workout, so I didn't... Also fell off of this No S thing majorly the last couple of days.

Plan on getting back to the strict diet and excercise really soon... Not sure if I will this weekend or will wait til next week. Kinda hard to start something like this immediately with this upcoming weekend being a three day weekend, lol.

Yesterday after doing some reading about "30 day challenges" in various places, it got me thinking about incorporating that in to what I'm going to do too, so I'm going to try something completely new and do a 1000 day challenge for myself... It's a series of 33 30 day challenges... I have no idea if I will succeed, but I think it might be possible. I do plan to do more than just the ONE thing every month, but main focus will be on really making that ONE thing every month really stick and not stray from it at all... No S is defintely going to be one of the one month challenges on this, but it might not be til the second or third month... first month has got to be the monring excercise routine since I was doing well with that. I will try to stick with NO S too but won't beat myself up if I fail on it the first month... now on the month that it is the focus of the 30 day challenge that will be a little different since I plan on not faltering at all in that... and hopefully through that strictness it'll stick with me as a habbit after the 30 days...

More on this weird idea over at http://jeffthomann.wordpress.com/2012/0 ... challenge/

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:05 pm

mastermesh wrote:
Plan on getting back to the strict diet and excercise really soon... Not sure if I will this weekend or will wait til next week. Kinda hard to start something like this immediately with this upcoming weekend being a three day weekend, lol.
Well, that's the best time to start because you can't fail.

Now, for me, this three day weekend is also the weekend my daughter is getting married and it all starts Thursday evening. There is something going on every day through Monday. Several of us are already looking forward to next Tuesday when life gets back to "normal." :D
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:25 pm

wosnes wrote: Now, for me, this three day weekend is also the weekend my daughter is getting married and it all starts Thursday evening. There is something going on every day through Monday. Several of us are already looking forward to next Tuesday when life gets back to "normal." :D
CONGRATULATIONS wosnes. Image
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:05 pm

BrightAngel wrote:
wosnes wrote: Now, for me, this three day weekend is also the weekend my daughter is getting married and it all starts Thursday evening. There is something going on every day through Monday. Several of us are already looking forward to next Tuesday when life gets back to "normal." :D
Thanks! In addition to the wedding, we're supposed to get remnants of Isaac Friday-Monday. Soaking rains (which we desperately need), thunderstorms and possible tornadoes. Should be fun!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:54 pm

wosnes wrote:
BrightAngel wrote:
Thanks! In addition to the wedding, we're supposed to get remnants of Isaac Friday-Monday. Soaking rains (which we desperately need), thunderstorms and possible tornadoes. Should be fun!
I didn't mention that the wedding was scheduled to be outdoors. Friday evening and Saturday morning someone was on their smart phone or IPad checking the weather about every 15 minutes.

Friday a friend offered the use of the auditorium and another room at a private school here. For free. All we had to do was say we wanted it. Yesterday he dropped by in the morning to say that the offer was still open. Just about 6 hours before the ceremony was scheduled to begin, we decided to take it.

In less than 6 hours we completely changed the venue. moved everything to the school, notified all the vendors and about 98% of the wedding guests. The ceremony started a little late, mostly because we were waiting for two of the people who had contributed the most time and effort over the last year of planning to go home and get changed to be at the wedding. Starting without them was unthinkable.

My daughter had wanted to be married under a rustic arbor made of branches. Her dad made one for her and it was covered with vines and flowers and anchored in the ground. It was also moved.

The wedding was beautiful. It looked like we planned to have it at the school. Oh, and at the time of the ceremony there was a thunderstorm.

Nearly everyone has a story that makes their wedding memorable. My daughter certainly has one -- and that was even before the antics of the ring bearer and flower girl (which had all of us laughing so hard we were crying even before we saw the bride!).

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:35 pm

How serendipitous! It's the things that go wrong on a trip that make for the best stories.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)