Introduction

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ChrisHill1985

Introduction

Post by ChrisHill1985 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:42 am

Hello fellow No-S-Dieters!

I am Chris and I just wanted to introduce myself to this online community. I am new at this No-S-Dieters. Actually, I would like to think of this as not so much as a 'diet' but more like 'healthier eating habits and lifestyle change.'

I also just started the "shovelglove" exercise. Right now, I am not really paying attention to the time just making sure I get the movements down correctly. I am also walking more. =)

Anyway, I would love to hear back from other people on here. I would also love to her more testimonies about this diet and if anyone has really gained muscle from working out with shovelglove.

Chris =)

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:19 pm

Welcome, Chris!

I don't use shovelglove, but I recently read about someone's experience and it made me want to start. I don't remember what this person's results were, but they were definitely inspiring.

As for the No S Diet, I lost 16 pounds on it during 2010-2011. I ended up going off the diet and gaining the weight back, but I blame that on the fact that I was fighting it the whole time. Instead of thinking about how I was not snacking and sometimes experiencing hunger because I was working to better my health, I would think "Stupid Reinhard won't let me have a snack. Doesn't he know how huuuuuuuungry I am?" Obviously that kind of attitude doesn't get anyone anywhere, and I'm sure Reinhard doesn't appreciate the rude name calling. :wink:

Now I am back and I am committed to No S because I know it works. Good luck on your journey! :D

ChrisHill1985

Post by ChrisHill1985 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:17 pm

Thanks SpiritSong!

How long did it take you to loose those 16 pounds?

One thing I always think about this is -- we shouldn't really think of it so much as a diet but more like a lifestyle change or developing healthier eating habits. :)

Chris

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:29 pm

It took me about a year to lose the 16 pounds, but like I said, I had a bad attitude, so I was on and off in compliance. This time around my goal is 23 pounds in 11 months. I fall under a couple of the "hard to lose" categories, so a half pound per week would make me very happy.

Like you said, the most important thing is developing healthier habits for the rest of our lives. And like Reinhard says, not gaining is progress!

- Amy

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:36 pm

Welcome, Chris!

For testimonials, I highly suggest reading through the posts on the NoS Testimonial page: http://www.everydaysystems.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=13

You'll see NoS successes of all kinds: binge eating, the last stubborn 10 pounds, 50+ lbs, sanity with food, and more. It is quite inspiring and will help you gain a vision for what NoS success might look like in your life....

PS. I'm not able to shovelglove (joint injuries) but do incorporate Urban Rangering into my life--I love my pedometer.
PPS. I have four posts on the testimonial boards: one for each year I've been following NoS, and I'm looking forward to posting #5 this summer!

HTH,
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

ChrisHill1985

Post by ChrisHill1985 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:19 am

Thanks guys.

Well, I did gave in today and had one sugary snack -- a Little Debbie's version of a twinkie! lol Well, I did just check out for the last time at my Community College job. I worked in the bookstore for the WorkStudy program...so maybe that makes it a "special" day or an excuse! lol

That's okay, just pick myself up again and not dwell on it. Actually, looking back -- even though I may not be at a 100 percent on the No S Diet -- it is very close -- and it is a way healthier eating habit than before. I only eat the 3 meals a day. I really don't snack that much anymore either. I do need boost my water intake...however, that is, for the most part, the only thing I really drink now.

I still love doing the Shovel Glove stuff. What a great and inexpensive work out idea!!! I didn't walk today...but I did a lot of other things at my work...so I am a little tired.

Well, tomorrow, I have one more final to go and I am finish with this Community College -- so being that is a double S day -- one for completing my transfer degree (at least it should be!) and a Saturday!! However, for the most, I noticed that being on the this diet, I really don't grave sweets that much anymore! Major plus!

Chris =)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:47 pm

Glad you're liking this. But it really takes a few years to call something a lifestyle. You'll see that fewer and fewer events seem S-worthy after a year or two-- or sooner.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)