Flexible S days?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Klutzy

Flexible S days?

Post by Klutzy » Tue May 14, 2013 2:00 pm

I'm brand new to the No S diet and think it may be the answer for me. I'm about to leave and hope for a quick answer. Do S days have to be two in a row, or can they vary from week to week, like Sunday and Weds one week, Tues and Friday the next? Being retired, I don't have an actual weekend. Except for Sundays we don't go out much, so it would be nice to be able to be flexible for when we do. Today we'll be going out to lunch and tonight to a party. Can I consider this an S day when it's only day two?

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue May 14, 2013 3:57 pm

I'm also retired and have adjusted S days to suit my schedule. HOWEVER, I'd been following No-S for a year or more (while retired) before I did that. I highly recommend developing the habits before making any modifications.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Tue May 14, 2013 10:16 pm

I agree with wosnes. I was on No S a year before I experimented with any mods. i tried flexing my S days. It did not work very well for me. I do it occasionally for a special occasion but not often. I am also retired.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

Klutzy

Post by Klutzy » Wed May 15, 2013 12:59 pm

Thanks for your answers! i did not see them until I got back home at the end of the day and did make yesterday an S day, a very low level one of a little candy snack in the afternoon and some fruit and nuts after supper. I enjoyed them and left it at that. I feel fine today and expect to be back on track. BUT if I have problems I will pay attention. From now on based on your advice, which I respect as experienced No-S'ers, I'll stick with weekends. Thanks again! I have the book on order and really look forward to reading it. I know a lot of people drop out after a short try, but this sounds like it may really work for me long term. Lord knows nothing else does!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Just to confirm, from the info pages on this site, when asked:

Can I take my Sunday Thursday? (etc.).
Not officially.

It just adds to complexity to start moving things around. And that often leads to bargaining, and that leads to....

Even if this doesn't seem to "work" for weight loss, it does wonders for consistent moderation and that can do wonders for food sanity and peace. If that's not enough after a year or two, back to the drawing board with our blessings.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Thu May 16, 2013 3:00 am

Reading the book will give you a lot of insight. I actually found the book for a couple of dollars at a bookstore that was closing. I read it that night in my hotel room and started the next day. That was 2 1/2 years ago. I lost 45 lbs the first year and have not changed much since. I want to lose a few more pounds but I am more concerned with just maintaining the habits. My relationship with food is fabulous now. I enjoy food without feeling guilty. I have my slips now and then but that is life.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.