Two weeks in, HELLO!!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

little lion

Two weeks in, HELLO!!!!

Post by little lion » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:55 am

Hi,

I am a mother of 3 girls with my newest addition joining us on May 30 this year. I've always been at the high end of healthy BMI for my height but I gained a lot with my last baby.
I've also had some stressful years recently and found that i was struggling to lose some extra weight.
I've always been an emotional and bored eater so I thought No-S would be good for me. I've tried carb free/low carb diets and they work but they don't solve my problem with food which is my overeating and lack of portion control.
I am amazed at how No-S is so easy AND how it makes our disordered eating habits so obvious. Not just my and your disordered eating habits, but our cultural problems with food and disordered eating.
Anyways, hello and i'll be seeing you around the boards!!
Rachel
start date: July 16 start weight: 205
One year Anniversary weight: 169

Imogen Morley

Post by Imogen Morley » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:59 am

Welcome! Sit back and enjoy the ride. I'm tremendously happy that this board is still alive and kickin', and new people still keep coming.
Posting or reading the threads here is the best antidote for any doubts you may have along the way.

little lion

Post by little lion » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:50 pm

thanks!!!

jw

Post by jw » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:04 pm

Welcome, littlelion, nice to meet you! I think you'll find that No-S only gets better as you go on. And this board is really interesting and supportive!
"The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective." -- El Fug

lpearlmom

Welcome!

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:12 pm

I just (re) joined too and wanted to wish you luck!
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

little lion

Post by little lion » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:40 am

thanks! good luck to you too!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:29 pm

Welcome! I've been at it 3.5+ years and still grateful I found No S. I was at the high end of my BMI oh-so-many years ago when I ruined everything going on a diet. I'm within a few pounds of it now after 38 years of struggle and working my way up to the low end of obesity. I hope this helps you avoid the misery, and be a sane model for your children.

I have found No S to be one of the best anti-dotes to stress, after I really committed. I've had some of my best compliance during greatest stressful times, and it has been so helpful. I still succumb once in awhile, but it is not the default anymore, and I am so much better off for it. But I had to live it in faith sometimes to get to see and feel the benefits.

I don't know if you've seen much on the boards about French habits of feeding children, but it seems more than a few people here have found some support for themselves as adults by reading French Kids Eat Everything and Bringing Up Bebe.

Keep up with us!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Welcome dear Littlelion. I am on the same journey, just started and I wish you well. This is such a generous and supportive website. Hang in there and if you run into problems search the old threads. I have found so much shared wisdom there.
Good luck

little lion

Post by little lion » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:24 pm

i am going to check out those books oolala. I would love to ease my kids into this kind of lifestyle (i refuse to call it a diet). Thanks!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:40 pm

Welcome!

I'm one of the folks who frequently recommends French Kids Eat Everything and Bringing up Bebe[/]. The author of the latter has a second book out titled Bebe Day by Day: 100 Keys to French Parenting. It eliminates the personal anecdotes from BuB and gets straight to the various points.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."