My "407 No BS" Plan

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Quick Bites

My "407 No BS" Plan

Post by Quick Bites » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:35 pm

My apologies for anyone offended by the title of this post, I promise it is not an abbreviation for what it seems....

I am posting for the first time here and want to say that this site has the most kind, supportive and encouraging group I have seen!

I have been so influenced by Reinhard's no-nonsense thinking, logic and wisdom, and so many member's intelligent mods that that I have implemented (ok, stolen!) as well. I am so happy to FINALLY find a plan that is working and sustainable for me. This comes primarily after taking Bright Angel's advice about modifying vanilla until you find a way to make it work for YOU. Also, 3-0-7 girl has a big influence on my plan as well.

After being on and off many diets and being left feeling like a failure, depressed, sad and angry, I made a conscious decision to change my attitude from frustrated and defeated, to being patient and determined.

After many, many "try outs" of mods and tweaks to see what worked and what didn't, I have settled in to my "407 No BS" plan for the past 3 months, and have lost 7 of the 50 pounds that I would like to lose. I have learned to focus on HABIT more than the scale as much as possible. It is not always easy, but it is easier than anything I have tried in the past.

My "407 No BS" Plan, the basics:

4 - meals a day

0 - snacks

7 - days a week

NO - more than one:

B - Beverage that contains calories per day,

and no more than one

S - Sweet per day

DETAILS:

4 meals a day for me consists of: 2 small meals on a 6" physical or virtual plate, plus 2 meals on a 10" physical or virtual plate.

In addition, 3 of the meals each day are whole foods based, and very well balanced. The 4th meal is usually a "fun" meal of WHATEVER I want that is NOT sweets - usually pizza, tacos/nachos, or a sub.

0 snacks: ......'nuf said.

7 days per week - I do NOT take weekend S days, but will plan to take very special days such as Christmas, Weddings, the rare Fancy Dinner party, and Sick Days as S days. (I may also include the option of 1 S day per month if needed, if I start to feel "too restricted" by my current plan. Too much restriction, even if only perceived, is a recipe for falling off the wagon for me, so will keep this option open as a pressure relief valve)

NO more than one:

B (Beverage) with calories per day, this is either one small (8 ounce) unsweetened soy latte OR a 6 ounce glass of 100% fruit juice. This is normally only used if meal spacing is too far apart which happens a few times a week due to my life's crazy and varied schedule!

AND no more than one:

S (Sweet) per day. This one has HARD rules: Only allowed immediately after a meal, and no more than the equivalent of 3-4 bites total per day (herbsgirl, thank you). I equate this to 4 mini size candy bars, or 2 fun size, or 1/2 slice of pie, you get the idea.

Thank you all for listening and I welcome any comments or questions you may have for me!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:13 pm

Perfect title and it's hard to argue with success. Strictly keeping to your mods and the mnemonic are pure No S. (Hey, that rhymes.)

Kudos and welcome.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:36 pm

Sounds like a sensible plan for you - good luck!
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs