Whole Milk

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

Whole Milk

Post by Over43 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:55 pm

I try to temper my appetite, when I am No S-ing, with whole milk. I found the following at The Washington Post (The same journalistic treasure that declared Battle Mountain, Nevada the armpit of America. The good citizens of Battle Mountain, about 3600 of them replied, "We did not know you were looking!") ran this article last year. I found it interesting:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... with-that/
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:03 am

I'm a big fan of whole milk. Well, really, I'm a big fan of raw whole milk but that's really hard to find in suburbia. Unfortunately, I fell Victim to the idea of " milk fat is bad for you" and raised my kids on 2% and skim so now they don't like the taste of whole. So sad. :cry: Coincidentally, I've been toying with the idea of going back to cream in my coffee but I haven't decided yet.

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:57 pm

I had a patient tell me last week about an article on whole milk she read on Forbes (?). We had a conversation about how we shunned it all our lives and now we're learning that it's not evil. I've been a skim milk drinker until recently. I've finally adjusted to 2%. It may take me a while to move up to whole... It's just so different than what I'm used to drinking. I'm sure it would help fight off hunger, though. Thanks for posting this!

noni

Post by noni » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:45 pm

"I've been toying with the idea of going back to cream in my coffee but I haven't decided yet."

I enjoy taking cream in my coffee every morning. A little dab will do ya.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:36 pm

Milk is my go to beverage if I am trying to avoid a snack. I tolerate 1% or 2% because that is what my husband buys. However, when I cook holiday meals, I buy whole milk and real butter.

Maybe I should just keep a small container of whole milk just for me. Sounds good!
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.