question about off-kilter schedule

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

hhenders

question about off-kilter schedule

Post by hhenders » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:19 am

Hey y'all, newbie here from Texas... after a lifetime of dieting and ultimately feeling completely out of control with eating, I am very psyched about No S.

Question. For a variety of reasons, my sleep schedule is midnight or 1 a.m. till 9 or 10 a.m. Frankly, I ain't gonna give that up unless I have to start an office job again. But, obviously, that kinda throws off breakfast... plus I'm one of those people who doesn't sleep well with a growling stomach. I'd also like to keep my lunch and dinner in sync with the rest of society.

From reading the forums and book, it seems like the key is an absolutely unwavering, no-thinking-required schedule (on N days).

So do you think this would work... if it's absolutely unwavering?

1 piece of fruit when I wake up
No S lunch at noon
No S dinner at seven
No S light supper near midnight

Is there any reason to think this would be destined for failure? Or is there some better way to arrange the meals?

Thank you in advance :-)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:02 am

Not destined for failure at all. I humbly suggest that you regard the fruit as part of the plate at "lunch," so you don't fill the space with denser foods.

I will report to you that after I broke the habit of eating after dinner, I eventually rarely felt any hunger before I went to bed, no matter how late it was. You might consider having a real breakfast not long after you wake up, a light lunch midway between that and when you'd like dinner, and allow yourself a snack in the evening around ten as a weaning step. I've known of several people who started by allowing themselves a late afternoon nibble. Within a few weeks, they felt it was no longer necessary and dropped to three meals rather easily.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

hhenders

Post by hhenders » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:05 am

Thank you, Oolala53! I will try the "virtual plate" method of counting the fruit as part of lunch. :-)

Merry

Post by Merry » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:17 am

Welcome! My sleep schedule is similar to yours. I typically do breakfast around 10-11, lunch around 2:30-3, and dinner around 7. I agree with oolala that once I got used to not eating after dinner, it didn't bother me at all. Hope you find a routine that works well for you!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Jen1974

Post by Jen1974 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:42 pm

I always have a bowl of berries & a cup of coffee with cream early & wait to eat full breakfast until 10:30 or 11:00. It was making me grumpy to wait to eat later breakfast even though I didn't feel hungry so this fixes that. I consider the betters & coffee with cream part of my breakfast though (: There's just a BIG pause in the middle LOL!!

hhenders

Post by hhenders » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:03 am

Thanks, you guys! Glad to see other people are making it work.

I currently can't imagine a world where I'm not hungry at bedtime... but I might get brave enough to try it later... :-)
I'm not targeting a goal weight or size, since that's counterproductive. I just want to eat sanely and look slender always! 4 weeks of very consistent No-S led to no weight loss. Not sure what to do now.