Calorie Distribution

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

SpiritSong

Calorie Distribution

Post by SpiritSong » Tue May 03, 2016 8:58 pm

Okay, I'm talking calories, but in general, not counting them. :D

Does anyone attempt to distribute your calories during the day according to when you would "need" them? For example, if I distribute my calories according to when I'm awake and the time between meals, I come up with 50% for breakfast (or 25% each for two breakfasts), 30% for lunch, and 20% for dinner.

I suppose the easier way to ask the question is: does anyone follow the advice of eat breakfast like a queen, lunch like a princess, and dinner like a pauper? If so, what kind of results have you had (hunger levels, sleep quality, etc.)?

cedar

Post by cedar » Tue May 03, 2016 11:21 pm

I was just thinking about this SpiritSong.
I've been experimenting with different ratios of food at certain meals, and have discovered I am someone who sleeps well NOT going to bed hungry. I tend to have a smaller breakfast decent lunch and decent dinner. I'm only just beginning to feel comfortable with a smaller breakfast. I know I can tolerate hunger during the day now (still focusing on habit not weight loss at this point) also coffee helps 'fill me up' and I don't like to have coffee or tea late in the day. But if I'm hungry at night going to bed I just feel full of energy and am awake half the night and usually have to get some hot milk which feels like cheating even though it's not!
We are all different and I'm sure this changes depending on activity age etc..