on track again

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mommashell

on track again

Post by mommashell » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:16 pm

Hi everyone, well I've been sort of teetering on the edge of total disaster where diet was concerned for a long time now, maybe a month. I haven't totally lost control but I was breaking lots of the no s rules. So now I'm attempting to get the control back. I started Tuesday and I am pleased to say that I'm down three pounds from my high weight of 230. And I didn't snack at night either. I really think that will solve two problems which are kind of like a chain reaction, the bad dreams that are so vivid, and the really slow weight loss. You see, the bad dreams woke me up so I would eat and the eating I think, causes the bad dreams. It's a pattern thing. Eating at night seems to push a stress button in my brain that says ok when you go to slee stress out and have a bad dream so you can wake up and eat and then go to sleep have more bad dreams, eat more, etc. So I figure that by not giving into my brain's urge to eat when the bad dreams come, I'll quit having them. It's really hard though to have one, wake up and then not be able to do anything, I'm terrified and/or disturbed and I can't do anything but tell myself that under no circumstances am I allowed to eat.
There's a name for it, night eating syndrome. But I don't think I need medicine to cure it, just more will-power. I also bought a new piece of jewlery called a diet ring. It's more of a mind trick I think than anything else, but the theory is that if you wear this ring, it triggors accupressure points in your finger that keep you from feeling so hungry all the time. I figure if it doesn't work I'm only out 14 bucks or so. Like I said, it's more of a psychological thing, like giving a kid a "magic bean" or rock so that when he feels scared he can rub the rock and feel better. It's a big spiral ring with two magnets on it that look like little gold balls. I don't know if it actually works but it feels heavy. I have been wearing it since yesterday and this morning the scale said 227 pounds. As for drinking and no s, I'm of the theory that if you drink every night there's a problem, but if you drink maybe a couple times a week, at least I've found that sometimes it actually helps lose weight.
As for exercise, I finally called Baptist hospital and found out they have a water aerobics class. They are very close to me.` The class is at nine in the morning, ug, but that's ok, I guess.
I'll sign up for it probably in the next couple weeks.
Shell

MerryKat

Congrats!

Post by MerryKat » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:30 am

Shell
Congrats on getting back to what you know works. It is not always easy to face our fears, but half of the fear is in our heads anyway.

How are you doing?

Have you signed up for the water aerobics class?
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

mommashell

Re: Congrats!

Post by mommashell » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:48 am

MerryKat wrote:Shell
Congrats on getting back to what you know works. It is not always easy to face our fears, but half of the fear is in our heads anyway.

How are you doing?

Have you signed up for the water aerobics class?
Yes, I sure did. I signed up and had my first class yesterday and as I said in another post, I am down six pounds total now. I skipped today's class because I am feeling so rotten, but hope to jump back in, quite literally, on Tuesday. I've been a little bad today but I think it will eventually be ok. Shell