Nice and simple, hope it works for me!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Stewy

Nice and simple, hope it works for me!

Post by Stewy » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:32 pm

I have been on the No S Diet, for just over a week, and so far so good. I haven't snacked, had seconds or sweets during the week, and today has been not as mad as last Saturday.

I think part of the reason this diet works is that you can only focus on certain things before you need a break, which is what the S days give you, then you are ready to go back to discipline on Monday.

In the past I have lost weight successfully on low carb diets etc, but as I like running marathons, I do need carbohydrate, and I question how healthy the low carb diets are - it doesn't sit right with me that you can't eat carrots or bananas and other things that are good for you.

My grandfather who died a few years ago, when he was in his eighties, and slim as a rail, said he had never missed a meal in his life, and I think there is something to be said about eating three meals a day.

I haven't found it too difficult to start out with, other than staying up late on Friday night to have a snack at midnight when it is officially an S day, I must confess!!

I am fairly slim, but am at my heaviest weight ever, and really like to be at least a stone and a half lighter than I am now.

I keep reminding myself that you will lose weight on any diet if you stick to it. I read the forum and look out for successes. My main fear is that three weeks from now, if I haven't lost weight, I will give up!

I have justed started training for a spring marathon, and would like to be a lot lighter when I run it. I am also looking forward to seeing how my approach to each mealtime will change as time goes on with the diet.

Wendy

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:50 am

Sounds like you have a good solid start and a wonderful attitude. Good luck.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

donnao1965

Post by donnao1965 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:42 pm

if you can run a marathon- then you can do this

by the way- how many kg equals a stone ?

do you wish to be lighter so that you can run faster ?

Donna O

Stewy

Post by Stewy » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:15 pm

Thanks for the support from both of you.
Sorry - I am from Canada originally but sometimes adopt the British terminology. A stone is 14lbs, not sure what that is in kgs.

I think everybody has what they call a "fighting weight" and that for me at the moment is about 25 lbs less than I am currently. I am 5 foot 8.5 inches. I am 182 lbs, my heaviest ever, and wear a UK 14/16 (that is US 10/12. But I can see myself gaining 6lbs a year even with the running.

There are probably a lot of women who exercise less than myself, and are two or three sizes smaller, and yes I would like to be smaller to go faster as well!!

Mostly I would like to get down to that "fighting weight".

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:58 am

Welcome wendy!

Besides the weight control benefits, there are some great side effects from meals: better social and family life, a sort of metronome to order your day and its activities.

As for gaining weight despite jogging, apparently people tend to overcompensate like crazy for exercise if they're not paying attention.

Reinhard