6 months experiment accepted!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Poespoemspwnposers

6 months experiment accepted!

Post by Poespoemspwnposers » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:35 pm

I came across the mention of No S on a old Reddit thread. The thread was about habit building.

I checked the website out and instantly clicked with the writing style and purchased the book, simply because I enjoyed the writing style and transparency of the fact that the key points are in the website for free. This along with one specific part is what cemented my will to try this.

"If you're still convinced that you've been doomed by your genes, view this diet as an experiment. If you can stick with it for 6 months and not lose a significant amount of weight, then you can plead genetics with a clear conscience."

I admit I do hold a belief that for whatever reason I am genetically doomed to be fat. This has always been reinforced by every failed diet. I am willing to admit though that the diets failed because I have never created any habits that actually shift my usual way of eating. And I am willing to admit that while I don't think I will ever be thin, I would be very happy with simply less fat.

So! Here we are. I am going to No S it up as close to the letter as I can. I am using my dry erase calendar with the red, green and yellow as a visual I can easily see. I will be walking for exercise to start. I will see in six months if I am a smaller genetically fat person or not. 😂

I am very competitive and really enjoy a challenge/experiment or anything I can view as a quest so this should also be enjoyable, at least that is my mindset going into this.

Thank you for accepting me and I look forward to my time here. ☺️ Happy (I hope anyway) 2021!

Soprano

Re: 6 months experiment accepted!

Post by Soprano » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:04 pm

Welcome, l am sure you will have success.

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:05 am

Poespoemspwnposers wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:35 pm
I came across the mention of No S on a old Reddit thread. The thread was about habit building.

I checked the website out and instantly clicked with the writing style and purchased the book, simply because I enjoyed the writing style and transparency of the fact that the key points are in the website for free. This along with one specific part is what cemented my will to try this.

"If you're still convinced that you've been doomed by your genes, view this diet as an experiment. If you can stick with it for 6 months and not lose a significant amount of weight, then you can plead genetics with a clear conscience."

I admit I do hold a belief that for whatever reason I am genetically doomed to be fat. This has always been reinforced by every failed diet. I am willing to admit though that the diets failed because I have never created any habits that actually shift my usual way of eating. And I am willing to admit that while I don't think I will ever be thin, I would be very happy with simply less fat.

So! Here we are. I am going to No S it up as close to the letter as I can. I am using my dry erase calendar with the red, green and yellow as a visual I can easily see. I will be walking for exercise to start. I will see in six months if I am a smaller genetically fat person or not. 😂

I am very competitive and really enjoy a challenge/experiment or anything I can view as a quest so this should also be enjoyable, at least that is my mindset going into this.

Thank you for accepting me and I look forward to my time here. ☺️ Happy (I hope anyway) 2021!
That's a good approach, a six month experiment. Only suggestion I'd make is to keep and post a log for accountability.
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

Mustloseweight

Post by Mustloseweight » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:12 pm

Good luck,

Keep letting us know your progress as that is really inspiring to others.

Anne x
September 2017 - Starting weight: 19st 9lbs
March 2018 - 17st 2lbs
July 2018 - 16st 4lbs
July 2020 - 17st 10lbs 😟
Target Weight: 11 stones