Book that Complements No-S

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

RobinM

Book that Complements No-S

Post by RobinM » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:44 pm

I wanted to share a book that I think complements No-S. It's called "Lean Habits For Lifelong Weight Loss: Mastering 4 Core Eating Behaviors to Stay Slim Forever" by Georgie Fear. It's a habits-based approach to achieving and maintaining a healthy weights. If plain vanilla No-S isn't fully getting you there, it contains habits that might make good mods. The habits you practice include these main four:

1. Eat three meals a day, no snacking. Once you have this down, you add..
2. Wait until you are experiencing physical hunger before eating. Once you get good at that, you add another habit...
3. Eat just enough - stop eating at comfortably full, not overfull. And then you add..
4. Eat mostly whole foods.

There are many habits beyond that to tweak things if those four habits aren't enough, but for most people they are. I find this system works well to help clean up my eating a bit more.

Soprano

Re: Book that Complements No-S

Post by Soprano » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:37 pm

Sounds sensible

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.