My Hear Melted Tonight (What DH said to me!)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

FarmerHal

My Hear Melted Tonight (What DH said to me!)

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:10 am

I half heartedly, almost jokingly asked if he saw any changes in me for the last 19 days I've been successfully nosing.

He paused and said: "Well, you're a lot *happier*"

:oops: I melted. This means SO much to me. Because nearly every day pre-nos, I was sad or angry or depressed because of my weight, my lost battles with overeating that day. I felt ugly, fat, bloated, gross on those days.

These 19 successful days, complete with S days feeling no guilt, *I* feel better! Both physically and emotinally. I feel freed of the slavery of food.

Thanks Reinhard for putting simple common sense into 14 words which I have clung to. And changed.

I *am* a lot happier!

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:15 am

I understand what you're saying. The No-S plan makes me feel like a regular person. I had some success with programs like WW as long as I logged every morsel that went into my mouth, but who can do that forever? Also, I felt like I was obsessing over food all day every day with planning points to eat. I also felt if that if I went over by one point I was a complete failure for the day! Now I don't need to think about food until it's time for a meal and then there is nothing obsessive about it at all. I try to choose healthy foods and keep proportions in line and that's it. I love it!
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:39 am

That's awesome!!!!
All true change really has to come from within, and if you are coming from a happier place, that's a great way to overcome any and all obstacles on your way!
Keep enjoying your journey and best of luck!
Peace and Love,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:15 am

What a wonderful and powerful story. Thanks for sharing.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:06 pm

I feel the same way about the "sanity" of this program. Following this plan removes all the old anxiety about eating (whether I was eating badly and feeling guilty, or following WW and obsessing). What a relief! And how pleasant to simply look forward and enjoy a meal.

So, I totally relate to what you're saying. :) And like hearing that I'm not alone on that one.