Back after a while...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Schnebit

Back after a while...

Post by Schnebit » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:03 pm

Hi all, just wanted to jump in and re-introduce myself.

I posted here a bit back in the summer when I decided to follow the "No S" diet. However, after sticking with the diet for a couple of weeks I found that at the time for me, it wasn't nearly enough food (I'm an avid cyclist and felt needed more nutrition to support my training).

However, back in August of last year I crashed in a race and injured my right wrist... I still continued to train, but the pain (and several other non-related factors) pretty much forced me to get of the bike...

So, long story short I pretty much stopped training but continued to eat like I didn't. Several months later, I've got a nice spare tire that I need to lose.

Now, it turns out that my wrist is fractured (loooonngg story here) and I need to go for surgery to get things back to "normal". Looks like I won't be getting back on the bike (or any other exercise other than walking for that matter) for at least a few months, and I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to give "No S" a fair shot.

So I hope everyone's having a wonderful New Year so far, and I'm looking forward to following everyone's journey together with my own.

Cheers!

Jim

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:06 pm

Welcome to No-S! Sorry to hear about your injury and hope you get better soon. No-S is a really sensible way to eat, and even after you get back to cycling, you may find that you can stay on-program with some tweaking to make it appropriate to your level of activity.