smal nosdiet modification

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

joasia

smal nosdiet modification

Post by joasia » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:31 pm

I have found that this system works even better when I listen to my hunger. I don't eat unless I feel hunger. Like yesterday, I ate a big dinner. This morning I was not hungry at all. So I didn't eat breakfast. I then ate my one plate lunch and one plate dinner. If I am not hungry, I don't eat. Usually, I am hungry so I eat the three meals.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:27 pm

I'd be careful about this... I know "only eat when you're hungry" sounds reasonable and natural, but hunger is a very unreliable guide. Hunger evolved to warn us of impending starvation, not to help us navigate superabundance. No one in human history could have afforded to eat whenever they were hungry until very recently. I'm afraid that skipping meals will upset your rhythm and ultimately lead to chaos.

That being said, if it works for you, fantastic! Best of luck, I just wanted to alert you to a possible danger.

Let us know how it goes,

Reinhard