question for reinhard

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

joasia

question for reinhard

Post by joasia » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:37 pm

Just wondering. In previous posts you mentioned your typical menu. It has a lot of oatmeal, nuts, dried fruits, black bread, etc. Really healthy stuff. Were you eating the same types of food on your way down to your current weight as you are on maintenance? Or have the foods you take in changed over time?

Thank You,
Joanna
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

mschalock

Post by mschalock » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:11 pm

I would be interested in the answer to this too.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:58 pm

I've always eaten some healthy food -- I just also ate a ton of unhealthy food piled on top of it. Now that I eat less food overall, a greater percentage is healthy, but I'm not sure the absolute amount has changed much. Maybe a little, just because of the "spotlight effect" of limited opportunity eating.

The primary problem is pure and simple excess. Oatmeal (not to knock it, I love the stuff) etc. is just fine tuning.

Reinhard